Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Positional OSA?
RE: Positional OSA?
(02-03-2022, 07:23 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Welcome. Note this action please. Any sleep test you take, request your copy of the detailed report. HIPAA law permits you to request and receive it. You could consider posting it here redacted of personal info. Knowledgeable Board members can't help you decipher it. Besides you'll want a copy for your personal health file on case anything happens to the ones at doc's office. This may save you from taking another test later.

The report I received has 3 pages. 1st is a summary, 2nd has oximetry and pulse, 3rd page has respiratory, events, breath stats, and a chart. 

Is this considered detailed? Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, since it has charts. Anything more than just the summary only is what I'd consider detailed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2022, 10:36 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Yes, since it has charts. Anything more than just the summary only is what I'd consider detailed.

Thanks! 

I used an oximeter to record my oxygen level at night. I posted it on the first page but didn't get any comments on it - might be because it is toward the bottom of the page. I'm posting again here. Would you be able to look at it and tell me if it looks OK or not?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep I can. Here's the things I see to highlight. Highest SpO2 99%, average 96%, low 92%, meaning mostly you're doing well but it does drop for some short time to a low number worth monitoring nightly. If it gets to 88% for 6 minutes, you're needing supplemental oxygen. This one chart says it's not bad though.

Second item of note, your lowest group of SpO2 was timed to 30 seconds, this area is marked as a range between 88-93%. So the above mentioned 92% was for 30 or maybe less seconds. Again this is indicating watch it, monitor nightly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2022, 01:14 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Yep I can. Here's the things I see to highlight. Highest SpO2 99%, average 96%, low 92%, meaning mostly you're doing well but it does drop for some short time to a low number worth monitoring nightly. If it gets to 88% for 6 minutes, you're needing supplemental oxygen. This one chart says it's not bad though.

Second item of note, your lowest group of SpO2 was timed to 30 seconds, this area is marked as a range between 88-93%. So the above mentioned 92% was for 30 or maybe less seconds. Again this is indicating watch it, monitor nightly.

Thanks so much, SarcasticDave94!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 357 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Could These OSA Clusters Be Positional? Kaluni 0 86 03-18-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Kaluni
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 499 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 258 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  REM or Positional? prp1714 11 567 01-24-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: prp1714
  [Treatment] Chaos58503 Therapy Thread Fighting Positional OA chaos58503 17 1,334 01-16-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: chaos58503
  I think positional apnea is only a problem for mouth breathers. Nightynite 12 759 12-24-2023, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.