Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leak alarm???
Leak alarm???
I would very much like to have an APAP with a leak alarm.
I currently have the ResMed S9 Autoset, which does not have one.
Good machine, but a leak alarm would be extremely beneficial.
Does anyone know if the new S10 autoset has the leak alarm?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak alarm???
I am not sure but I think that your S9 Autoset has a leak alarm. All of the S9 VPAPs have one. I have heard that the leak alert is not very loud but it can be switched on.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
About the only thing that I can offer is, depending on your S9's age, you might use the Smartstart feature. If the leak is large enough it will turn off the CPAP. That should get your attention! Some S9's don't allow the Smartstart feature while using a FFM.

Good Luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
PRS1 machines have leak alarms, but they're too quiet to be of much use to many people.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2015, 11:45 AM)ppowers Wrote: I would very much like to have an APAP with a leak alarm.
I currently have the ResMed S9 Autoset, which does not have one.
Good machine, but a leak alarm would be extremely beneficial.
Does anyone know if the new S10 autoset has the leak alarm?

Sorry to revive this old thread, but part of the original question was not answered.

Does the S10 autoset have a leak alarm.

I particularly need it for mouth leaks (with nasal mask). Chin strap is no help and I'd rather wake up and readjust chin strap than go through the night and wake up like I ran a marathon (out of breath).

Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 VPAP has a leak alarm so I assume that the Autoset has one too!! Do not know about the A10.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't find anything about an Alarm on my AirSense 10 Autoset.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
no, neither the s9 or air10 autosets/elites have leak alarms. only the vpaps/aircurves.

which is a tad strange since there's actually a squeaker in the elite/autoset s9 models... same control board as every other s9 machine. it's just not used.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem with my new airsense 10. An alarm goes off occaisionally at night waking my wife but I can't locate any info on what it is or how to disable it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2016, 05:51 AM)Yak12 Wrote: I have the same problem with my new airsense 10. An alarm goes off occaisionally at night waking my wife but I can't locate any info on what it is or how to disable it.

I justs another thread about that since I was searching as I was curious if there is any alarms as I just started using my Airsense 10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 2 43 4 hours ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 2 61 10 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 2 56 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 611 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 390 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 536 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.