Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leak fixed (mouth breather for sure)
RE: Leak fixed (mouth breather for sure)
Not sure about not eating 2 days per week. If you do that, your metabolism slows down to compensate for no food coming in, and it stays slow, so that when you eat again, you gain more.

I'm not a medical professional, but have maintained the same weight from high school to age 60, doing very simple things. Eat more slowly. Eat some protein with every meal. A small piece of chicken will satisfy a lot longer than a giant plate of spaghetti.

My other trick is never to eat low fat anything. They put sugar in low fat foods to make up for the taste deficit, which is why so many people are heavier these days. I just eat a modest amount of the real version. Studies show people on diets will eat 10 low-fat cookies instead of one piece of real chocolate. Anyway, it's worked for me. I just cut down some, but don't deprive myself so much that I'll go on a binge, and eat modest portions of stuff I like, instead of icky tasting health food.
Upping the pressure did help
Persistance hope this helps others
THE IMPORTANT THING DO NOT GIVE UP.
I increased my pressure from 13.8 to 15. Leak rate was 1 and ahi 10
and i made it to almost 5 hours. So i am encouraged and will go to 16.

It took 8 weeks to get an appointment and pressure change prescription with my doc and ROTECH the sleep company from hell took 8 weeks to change the pressure from 12 to 14 but they changed it to 16. Most of the time if you leave ROTECH a message they will not call you back.

Fortunately i know how to adjust all the machine settings on my own now.

You must become your own doctor. My doc (a nice man) simply does
not have good knowledge of the cpap machine.

Once i complete my tinkering i will then get the software stats
and can see what else i can do.

It took almost 2 years to get a cpap machine. The first year the Florida Governor denied health care for me. Then when i got health care it took
almost 10 months to get the machine.

I think if i keep the leak rate low and get 6 hours of continuous sleep
and have an ahi at 5 or below i can improve my health big time.
My weight loss has been amazing since i can not really exercise and sleep
apnea curtails weight loss big time. I think weight loss will help big time
too. I will get better.

history
resmed autoset h5i s9 series
positive airway pressure device
with humidifier
Elite model
FULL mask
pressure set at 15
scored 40 ahi test in hospital

RE: Upping the pressure did help
Yes in today's health care one has to be their own advocate. Glad you have been doing your own research and fine tuning your machine. Can you not just drop into your sleep company ROTECH and refuse to leave until they help you?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
RE: Leak fixed (mouth breather for sure)
jxyzobrien, I've combined your recent three threads together, since much of it is discussing the same topics regarding your CPAP treatment.

You want advice, and we've been advising you since April to post your #SleepyHead data, but you don't want to to post your SleepyHead information. Without that data, it's all a shot in the dark.

Get your SleepyHead data and post it on the forums. THEN, we can help you properly. Please do not continue to ask for advice, then ignore that advice - that's an exercise in futility and it's a waste of time for our members and for you.

This thread is closed. In the next post or thread you create, we expect you to post your SleepyHead data so we're not (yet again) spinning our wheels in trying to advise you.

Here are some pages with info on how to do that:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Screenshot
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 32 8 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 372 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 240 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 316 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.