Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leak increase
Leak increase
I have lost 70 lbs. and now my leak is between 26 and 31.. It used to be 0.4 and up. What's the deal? I have adjusted and changed everything until I am too tired to fiddle anymore. My mask is a Fisher Paykel Zest. I can't change masks as I have a "stock" of them from our insurance provider and my husband is getting laid - off from Kennedy Space Center (which is another stress). Any ideas? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak increase
You need to lay down in the daytime when your not tired and go through a checklist. Mask seal ok, straps not too tight etc. Then you need to do the same with your own face ie, oils, moisturisers etc. It can have just as much effect. Go through it step by step and rule out everything. Also think if anything has changed, hope this helps
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the weight loss, Add the Zest fitting instruction to Gazby checklist:
http://www.youtube.com/user/fphealthcare

With the weight loss my be the straps need some adjustment and might help to fit the mask at the high pressure not at ramp or start pressure.
When therapy air escaping through the mouth it can add to the leak and if it,s the case than a chinstrap together with placing the tongue at the roof of the mouth against the front teeth would help.
Lower leak is better but wouldn't concerned as long as not going to eyes or disturb my sleep.
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2012, 10:05 AM)hozer dozer Wrote: I have lost 70 lbs. and now my leak is between 26 and 31.. It used to be 0.4 and up. What's the deal? I have adjusted and changed everything until I am too tired to fiddle anymore. My mask is a Fisher Paykel Zest. I can't change masks as I have a "stock" of them from our insurance provider and my husband is getting laid - off from Kennedy Space Center (which is another stress). Any ideas? Thanks.

Congratulations on your weight loss. The bad news is you have a "new" face to fit your mask to.

Try running the Resmed Mask Fit test while sitting on the side of your bed. At least for me, if it did not leak then, then it was not going to leak much at all while I slept.

My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a mouth breather. My leak rates are all over the charts. Sleepyhead tracks my mask pressure. It stays right where my pressure is supposed to be. For now I'm not going to worry about. I bought a chin strap that didn't work for me. I'll try another one in 6 months when the insurance will cover another one.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2012, 10:05 AM)hozer dozer Wrote: I have lost 70 lbs. and now my leak is between 26 and 31.. It used to be 0.4 and up. What's the deal? I have adjusted and changed everything until I am too tired to fiddle anymore. My mask is a Fisher Paykel Zest. I can't change masks as I have a "stock" of them from our insurance provider and my husband is getting laid - off from Kennedy Space Center (which is another stress). Any ideas? Thanks.

Perhaps you need a size smaller now. Can you exchange your unused masks for a smaller size if the packages haven't been opened?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 6 103 4 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 41 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 245 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 147 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 139 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.