Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leak number: Display vs MyAir
Leak number: Display vs MyAir
I have consistently have the leak display on my Airsense10 near 30L/ min. However MyAir shows my mask seal much lower between 10-15. This is a mixed message and concerns me. Any advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak number: Display vs MyAir
I suspect the display is showing you the 90th percentile leak rate whereas MyAir is probably showing the median.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which one should I take more stock in?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2016, 09:03 AM)PastorMeador Wrote: Which one should I take more stock in?

Neither! You absolutely need to use software to look at your leak graph. That way, at a glance, you can see if you're spending large chunks of time in large leak. If you are it's ruining your sleep quality and interfering with the effectiveness of your therapy.

This is a case of the danger of statistics. You can have your head in the oven, your feet in the freezer, but on average you're okay.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2016, 08:06 AM)PastorMeador Wrote: I have consistently have the leak display on my Airsense10 near 30L/ min. However MyAir shows my mask seal much lower between 10-15. This is a mixed message and concerns me. Any advice?
Same thing happened to me today. SleepHead warned me that my mask was leaking way too much and should talk to my CPAP adviser.

MyAir gave me 20/20 for leakage and put the figure at 11 l/min, and my machine was all smiley faces.

Sleepyhead's graph shows one leak of about 30 for many minutes and a couple of bigger ones over shorter times, but the day by day graph shows a median of 1.2 and a 95th percentile at or below 31.2.

Thing is I have been experimenting with slowly raising my pressures hoping a higher setting would help my nocturia. My reaction is not to panic just yet. If it keeps up this way for a week I will contact my DME for advice. I only woke up twice last night versus four times the night before. Too early to draw much in the way of conclusions.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 39 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,412 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 138 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 678 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.