Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leak problems. Still.
RE: Leak problems. Still.
Considering the leakage, should I still use the mask until I get something else? Is it doing me any good? I can't really get a good night's sleep due to the constant air blowing on my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
Harlon, the graphs show that you are still getting therapy in spite of the leaks. The flow graph still shows a response to respiration. It's your call, but I'd certainly continue if you're required to demonstrate compliance. Good luck and light a fire under their butts to get this taken care of.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is from Tuesday night. (actually Wednesday morning. I work shiftwork and was coming off a night shift). After some tweaking it seems to be doing better, leakage wise. My AHI went from .74 to 2.09. See any other concerns from the graph?? [Image: 6-8-16.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm. First of all most sleep Docs would say congratulations everything looks fine. But, you may still want to do some more fine tuning. It looks like your machine spent more time at higher pressures in the latest data that you posted. I can't tell if that is because of the larger number of events or the cause of that larger number. Get a few more nights of low leak data to see if your numbers are consistent. There are others here who have a great deal of expertise in fine tuning their settings for optimal outcomes. Post some more data when you have it. You will get more suggestions.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
It's pretty remarkable how fast the machine increases pressure when you first start. Your minimum pressure of 5.0 seems pretty irrelevant and I'd choose something closer to 6, which is the lowest the machine rebounds to. In fact, for myself, I'd want a minimum pressure a bit closer to the median.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 17 1,888 2 hours ago
Last Post: clan
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 2 43 3 hours ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 2 60 9 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 2 56 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 143 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 611 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.