Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leak rate OSCAR
Leak rate OSCAR
Hey guys,

just wondering if you could take a look at my data for yesterday. The leak rate seems kind of odd on the graph. I haven't had any other days with the leak looking like that. 
Not sure if that's normal or not. 

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak rate OSCAR
if this were my chart, I would not worry about the leaks noted unless the leaking was instrumental in disturbing sleep and waking you up.
QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
When you look at your daily screen, look at the left panel and notice the various colored bands containing data such as Central Apnea Index, Obstructive Apnea Index, and Hypopnea Index. The Grey Bar indicates Large Leak. The chart posted above shows Large Leak = 0.00%. That means that you did not have any Large Leaks at all that night. It doesn't get any better than that.

If the lower-level leaks bother you or wake up up, that would be different. Typically, however, lower-level leaks are not a problem. Some leakage is required in order to exhaust the CO2 your body expels. This is built into the mask and sometimes called "Expected Leak."
Post Reply Post Reply
Try comparing the scale of this chart to other days.  In this chart, the maximum leak rate is less than 10 L/min and most of your leaks are less than 5.  What I would do for that!  But perhaps you normally have higher leaks and so some of the detail that you are seeing in this graph is hidden on other days by a larger scale due to larger leaks. Just a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Stuart. I'm guilty of Leak Envy. I can only dream of such low leak rates.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 83 4 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 860 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.