Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leak rate and headache
Leak rate and headache

I recently switched from a leaky mask to the N20 nasal cushion and am happy with its ability to seal.  But then I noticed that the air would go in my nose and come out the mouth (not breathing in, just exhale).  So now I have also added 2 inch "air permeable" cover tape to cover my mouth with overlap over my mustache.  It seems to seal real well.   I'm thinking maybe I'll end up having to try a Full Face Mask -- have not tried one yet.  But since covering my mouth the last few days, there is an improvement in my sleep.  And yet on the Oscar report, it shows a leak rate.  I'm wondering what it is.
Also, I've noticed a slight headache on a couple of days -- could that be from not high enough of pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak rate and headache
The flat tops showing on the leak rate graph points to mouth breathing.  Although the leak rate is very low, mouth breathing can be annoying and disruptive to sleep.

It doesn't appear to affect your therapy, and you stated you slept well, but mouth breathing can be bothersome, and cause chronic dry mouth, so watch on that.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 69 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 349 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 333 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,220 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 939 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,259 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry
  Wake up very early circa 4AM with bad headache, any help appreciated. new2paphopeful 1 143 03-30-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.