Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leak rate issue while taping lisp shut tight.
Leak rate issue while taping lisp shut tight.
Below is a fairly normal night for me, where some nights look much worse.    This is with an AirFit P10 mask, and my lips firmly pressed together by BSN Medical Cover Roll  tape.
If I uses a Bleep nasal mask, I can get near a perfect 0% leak rate all night.   However, Bleep masks have a high cost and need constant supply re-orders.

I'm left with assuming the bad leak rate results I'm seeing are from moving around in my sleep, or possibly touching the mack while asleep (etc).    What I can't figure out is how to fix this?   How to keep a Nasal Pillow (in this case a P10) sealed through a night?   

Also, I have tested 6 other types of Nasal, and Nasal Pillow masks with all having the same result.   I'm really confused by exactly what is going on, or how to fix it (other than a Bleep).   Any thoughts?   Thanks

PS:  No I have absolutely no fear of vomiting in the middle of the night while fully mouth taped.   I'm over 50 and even and have never once thrown up while I was asleep.   All corporate run medical suppliers and diagnostics centers will act like you're going to die if you do it.  I've been doing it for 2 years now, every night.

[Image: leak-rate.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak rate issue while taping lisp shut tight.
If your tape and its application are not detaching and leaking, then the problem lies in the hose, or in the seal between the humidifier and the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak rate issue while taping lisp shut tight.
Or could be a mask leak. Not to get ahead of myself, but some mask leaks are caused by the straps being too tight. That sonlds counter-intuitive. But think about it this way -- if straps are overly tight, that can distort the silicone seal and cause a mask leak.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 9 231 2 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Lots of Large Leak Lately LazerStallion 0 42 7 hours ago
Last Post: LazerStallion
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,546 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 20 612 04-22-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: cps22
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 344 04-18-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: pamm777
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 396 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 373 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.