Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chin strap?
Chin strap?
I have a full face mask that I mostly use. I also have a hybrid and a nasal mask. I really want to use the nasal mask but when I sleep I don't breathe through my mouth but apparently I don't keep my mouth completely shut either...and you know what happens then. I tried it the other night and was sleeping really good until I woke up with that whoosh of air coming out my mouth. 
Can any of you recommend a good chin strap to help keep the mouth closed because I really want to get away from the full face mask if I can.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chin strap?
The Knightsbridge chin strap cap is what I would recommend.  I used one of those neoprene ones on Amazon and it did not do the job as well as create pain in the jaw area due to the way the chin/jaw is pushed in an irregular manner.

Google search and you'll see a lot of information on this cap.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can find the Knightsbridge chin strap at Supplier #37.

Some folk also use a soft cervical collar to help keep their mouth/jaw from opening.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a soft cervical collar, and I also mouth tape when I use nasal pillows. Between the two, that mostly works. I have tried a variety of chinstraps aside from the Knightsbridge, but I've been meaning to give it a go.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 598 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 369 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 502 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,544 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 111 6,178 02-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.