Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Review The Data & Give Recommendations
RE: Please Review The Data & Give Recommendations
I think the 'chin' flap may, repeat, may help to keep the mouth closed more than normal.  My problem with the leaks are from the side of the mouth, the seal is not like a typical FFM but like a scuba mask...the seal lies over the cheek.  After awhile for some reason, perhaps I am moving more or breathing from my mouth more, but the air starts to escape out the side, making a flapping sound, which in turn causes me to wake up completely.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2018, 02:15 PM)Hojo Wrote: I think the 'chin' flap may, repeat, may help to keep the mouth closed more than normal.  My problem with the leaks are from the side of the mouth, the seal is not like a typical FFM but like a scuba mask...the seal lies over the cheek.  After awhile for some reason, perhaps I am moving more or breathing from my mouth more, but the air starts to escape out the side, making a flapping sound, which in turn causes me to wake up completely.

Thanks for clarifying!
Post Reply Post Reply
The [Innomed Hybrid] mask comes with 3 'cushions' for the mouth area which are sized according to where the edge of your mouth is positioned in relation to the edge of the cushion. If I remember right, when trying them on, you are supposed to smile a little bit. (my daughter bought one and let me test it out, but it has been awhile)
Post Reply Post Reply
try loosening off the top strap if there isn't enough pressure around your mouth and chin . i find the masks pivot on my cheek bone

every mask has it's own sizing guide and each is a bit different
[Image: AirFit_F20_Size_Guide_grande.png]
[Image: 010377659_1-7ddbb660b066d2906993c92ab1858ca2.png]
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I just realized that my ResMed ASV machine also has AutoASV mode.  I do not tolerate a high EPAP and I do not have any obstructive events.  Currently the EPAP is set at the lowest level of 4 and PR of 3, so is there any benefit to going to the Auto ASV Mode since I am already at the lowest EPAP pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,219 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 624 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,015 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.