Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaking nasal mask issues
Smile 
Leaking nasal mask issues
ThanksNewly diagnosed OSA, on trial basis with CPAP and using the Wisp Nasal Mask. First night was wonderful, woke up in the morning refreshed!!! I have anxiety/depressive disorder...first time in about 20 years I did not wake up with a nervous stomach...wonderful! Second night, thought I change my petite nasal mask (I have a small nose) to size S/M nasal mask...I think I experienced leakages as my boyfriend heard my CPAP machine making noise. Tonight going back to original size, petite nasal mask. I am hoping and praying that this will work out as my OSA symptoms were getting worse!

I welcome any suggestions in how to maximize non-leakage nasal mask issues!!!!!

Thank you!

pillowlover Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leaking nasal mask issues
Pillowlover, I moved your post into its own thread so it will be noticed.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You may also need to try another mask. It is not unusual at all for a new user to try several masks before finding one that works. They're not all the same, each a little different.

If you have a little nose, you may want to consider nasal pillows instead of nasal mask. Small nose is why I can't use nasal masks. They all leak at my eyes. Not a good thing.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2012, 01:00 PM)pillowlover Wrote: ...I think I experienced leakages as my boyfriend heard my CPAP machine making noise.

You can look at the on-screen menu and see if your leak rate was too high.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pillowlover and WELCOME! to the forum.! Hopefully when you go back to the petite mask, your leaks won't be as bad but don't be surprised, or discouraged if you have to try a few different masks 'till you find one that works best for you. The mask CAN be the hardest part of this whole thing.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
make sure the machine noises are not coming from the hose as hose fills up with water condensation from the humidifier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 219 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 383 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 100 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 113 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.