Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Leaks] Solved P10 Large Leaks using OSCAR and this board
[Leaks] Solved P10 Large Leaks using OSCAR and this board
    I've been using a AirFit P10 since 2015. First with an Air Sense 10 and recently with an Air Sense 11.  I discovered this web site and OSCAR around a month ago.  Looking back through my results is noticed that I experienced clusters of Large Leaks almost every night 2-3 hours after I fell asleep. They appeared to be mouth breathing according to the flat Large Leak events.  It didn't make sense that I'd tend to have leaks the beginning of the night but not so much later.  Then I thought about the fact that I start my night on my left side as it faces my night stand and clock.  So, two nights ago I spent the entire night on my right side and only had on short, minor leak!  I noticed that my head tended to nestle into the pillow differently than when I was on my left side.  So, last night I started and stayed on my left side, but made sure that my head was positioned on the pillow the same as when I'm on my right side and only had one minor short leak!  About half way through I switched to my right side because my left hip became unhappy.

First I love the P10 as I had an FX at first and it dried my eyes and face out and blew on my arms.  So, my conclusion is that I have to make sure my head is positioned 3-4 inches from the edge of the pillow such that the pillow cradles my cheek, nose, the P10, and the first few inches of the hose.  If the P10 is too close to the edge of the pillow the metal strut pushes upwards and opens the edge of the mask.  This looks like a mouth leak but is a continuous edge leak from the mask.

I'm attaching a  capture that shows a typical night before and after repositioning my head.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 139 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 497 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 154 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.