Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaks advice
Hi all
Joined the forum a while back, was having problems with large leaks in middle of night, have follow advice from you lovely experts but still find every now and again get a night with really bad leaks, I think it's when I move more ( I have periodic limb movement disorder and parasomnias)

Going back to sleep clinic in about a month, is it worth trying a full face mask to stop this?
I really like the the resmed fx mask I have as so comfortable but if not doing the job then comfort is not worth it

Never used anything other than a nasal mask in 6 years , so would welcome advice on how people find the difference between full and nasal masks ? And if it makes a difference to leak rates
Thanks all in advance Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
It sort of depends. If leaks are caused by opening the mouth, then a FFM may be the answer.
On the other hand (OTOH), a FFM has more perimeter to seal; and could make leaks worse.

You list your pressure as running from 4 to 14. If you mask up, and adjust straps at 4, likley you will leak at higher pressures.

My personal experience is: I am able to use a FFM at pressures up to 18 with essentially zero leak.
User PaytonA is able to do the same.

Best Wishes,

Mongo

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2016, 04:55 AM)harmony Wrote: Going back to sleep clinic in about a month, is it worth trying a full face mask to stop this?

I used only nasal masks for three years. Switched to FFM and it was a huge improvement in the way I feel and sleep. It's definitely worth a try.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

How often is "every now and then"? And what are the numbers (leak rate?)
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Advice and info needed jeffrey s 22 374 11-10-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: jeffrey s
  Need some advice- first week of CPAP Chicago 46 2,136 11-09-2017, 02:48 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Leaks brojohn1611 1 136 11-07-2017, 05:48 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Airsense S10 for Her ~ "leaks" ~ :( GrammaBear 13 278 10-31-2017, 08:34 AM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Advice Would be So Appreciated [w/ travel CPAP choice] tish 8 430 10-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Diagnosis] Advice for sleep doc appt. mountainbird 8 428 10-25-2017, 06:37 PM
Last Post: mountainbird
  advice on setting up an auto-bipap bob simons 16 9,698 10-22-2017, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Aardvark08