Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaks and FFM suggestions
Leaks and FFM suggestions
I am still struggling with large leaks each night. I have the basic chinstrap.it helped them at first but they have started going up again. I have the Ruby on order and will try that when it arrives. However I think my culprit is my tongue relaxing. I may have to knuckle down and go FFM. I also on my side so I will need one that works for side sleepers. i am open for suggestions. I still feel rested each night but the data days my leaks are too high. Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leaks and FFM suggestions
I use the FFM in my profile. I'm a side sleeper; and I get very good leak rates.
I think whether or not one can side sleep with a FFM is mostly a matter of using a thin pillow that does not hit the mask.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I, like the Mongo above use the same FFM and am also a side sleeper with high therapeutic pressure. My leak rates too are very low. It is easy to tell the difference between us though. I am the handsome one. Dielaughing

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 12:25 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I am the handsome one.

Not according to our avatars.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I just had a thought. You see Friday is Weight Watchers weiigh in day. Today, after just one month in the program I hit the 5% weight loss Mark. That is 16 pounds! How much of my leak issue could be from the fact that my face is slimmer? I know I have mouth breathing issues, but in the middle of the night last night I went back o the nasal pillows that I discarded two months ago and the leak rate went to almost nil.

Just wondering.....
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 12:43 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 12:25 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I am the handsome one.

Not according to our avatars.

Yours is only squared away, mine is handsome.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 02:06 PM)PastorMeador Wrote: I just had a thought. You see Friday is Weight Watchers weiigh in day. Today, after just one month in the program I hit the 5% weight loss Mark. That is 16 pounds! How much of my leak issue could be from the fact that my face is slimmer? I know I have mouth breathing issues, but in the middle of the night last night I went back o the nasal pillows that I discarded two months ago and the leak rate went to almost nil.

Just wondering.....
Weight loss can cause you to need a smaller size yes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi PastorMeador,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your weight loss.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 280 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 158 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 106 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,922 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 247 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.