Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Hybrid mask
ResMed Hybrid mask
I can't seem to get my new resmed hybrid mask to vent. Are the vents on the sides supposed to be miniture (the size if a pin). It is way loud and I get a "mask leak" message. There is a vent in the front as part of the hose elbow but it is small compared to my regular mask and all the air is trying to go out this hole and making the noise.

???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Hybrid mask
Hi case548,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What kind of machine do you have?
I don't know why your mask wouldn't be venting properly.
Just a thought, do you have the right setting selected for your mask? You need to have it selected to the Full-Face Mask (FFM) setting.
Hang in there and someone will be along to help you soon.
Best of luck to you on getting this straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried both Full face mask and nasal and the same result. The real question I have is how large are the holes in the sides of the mask supposed to be?
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee
(04-04-2013, 10:29 AM)case548 Wrote: I can't seem to get my new resmed hybrid mask to vent. Are the vents on the sides supposed to be miniture (the size if a pin). It is way loud and I get a "mask leak" message. There is a vent in the front as part of the hose elbow but it is small compared to my regular mask and all the air is trying to go out this hole and making the noise.

???

I just checked checked ResMed's site and I can't find a "Hybrid Mask".
Do you have any other information on it?
It sounds to mke that you don't have a good fit. The noise is probably air escaping from around the mask.
I think if we had more info we could help you better and quicker.
Hang in there and don't give up..help is on the way!
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the mask you are asking about the ResMed Liberty mask?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2013, 10:49 AM)Bompa Wrote: Coffee
(04-04-2013, 10:29 AM)case548 Wrote: I can't seem to get my new resmed hybrid mask to vent. Are the vents on the sides supposed to be miniture (the size if a pin). It is way loud and I get a "mask leak" message. There is a vent in the front as part of the hose elbow but it is small compared to my regular mask and all the air is trying to go out this hole and making the noise.

???

I just checked checked ResMed's site and I can't find a "Hybrid Mask".
Do you have any other information on it?
It sounds to mke that you don't have a good fit. The noise is probably air escaping from around the mask.
I think if we had more info we could help you better and quicker.
Hang in there and don't give up..help is on the way!
Coffee

YES
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2013, 07:35 AM)case548 Wrote: YES

What question are you answering "YES" to?

Are you saying that you have the ResMed Liberty mask? Or are you saying "YES" to Zonk's question of whether or not you have more info on the mask? If you have more info, what is it?
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it is a ResMed liberty. I kind of got it to seal last night, that sort of fixed the problem. The seal is very precise or maybe my face is, not sure but thanks for all the help. I have been using the full face mask with the forehead thing and this one felt much better. I will update all on my experience with it in a few weeks.

Smiley thought: The best thing about CPAP is that in the morning when the sun is out you can pull the blankets over your head just like you are a little kid but you can still breathe in there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another suggestion is to clean your mask before each use or just after.
I use Baby Wipes. The ones with NO alchohol or fragrance.
Also I wash my face before using the mask to get rid of facial oils.

Things WILL improve!!!

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Every CPAP mask system has a "grille" (an array of holes) somewhere in it, referred to as an "exhale port", to allow the air you exhale out of the hose and mask system. A pair of tiny holes on either side of the mask sound like they are for oxygen tubing.

My Resmed FX nasal pillows system has that grid on the elbow just below the pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,198 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 502 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,481 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,058 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.