Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaks controlled but AHI up
RE: Leaks controlled but AHI up
Chalkie,
your immediate issue is with the positional apneas. Let's get the collar working.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you will find, if you go to the cpap tab of Preferences, that your leak red-line is set to 24, which is right for ResMed machines, but not Respironics. Respironics reports the leakage including the mask venting, whereas ResMed subtracts off the (assumed) mask venting.
I don't know what the right red-line value should be for Respironics, but from your charts, I would guess it's around 65 or 70. Try one of those and then adjust it so that the two leakage values are closer together. I doubt you will achieve a perfect match.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2022, 10:41 AM)Gideon Wrote: Chalkie,
your immediate issue is with the positional apneas.  Let's get the collar working.

Thanks Gideon!

Chalkie, I was just reading through your thread, and yes, you need to work on leaks, but the positional apnea is pretty bad.  This is crucial to work on.  stacyburke, post #4 gave you advice on this.  

Just know, that the advice from your sleep tech/nurse is not good as far as wanting to raise your pressure.  There is no amount of pressure that is going to fix the "clumps" of
apnea on your graphs.  

Try one pillow, more thinner but firm, instead of plush.  Stay on your side as much as possible.  I've read, but can't confirm right now that the right side is beneficial for folk with heart issues.   Read the links many of us have in our signature lines to help with using a "soft" cervical collar for positional apnea.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ng_therapy
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again guys, I know O]I need to use the SSC more consistently. I will also look at the suggestion in #4 and adjust the leak red line setting.
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2022, 10:58 AM)pholynyk Wrote: I think you will find, if you go to the cpap tab of Preferences, that your leak red-line is set to 24, which is right for ResMed machines, but not Respironics. Respironics reports the leakage including the mask venting, whereas ResMed subtracts off the (assumed) mask venting.
I don't know what the right red-line value should be for Respironics, but from your charts, I would guess it's around 65 or 70.  Try one of those and then adjust it so that the two leakage values are closer together. I doubt you will achieve a perfect match.

PS pholonyk how do you save Preferences once you have altered the as described? I cannot see anywhere on my screen...

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
There are Cancel and OK boxes at the bottom of the preferences window. The x at the top right is the same as Cancel.

Unfortunately, the vertical size of that window is fixed, and may be too large for your screen. What size is your screen?

The Preferences window fits - just barely - on my Chromebooks 1366x768 display. I am, of course, running 1.4.0. I think we adjusted the size of that window to fit smaller screens like mine, but I don't remember when that happened.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, I suspected the save function was missing...I am using a laptop - a 15-inch screen I believe. 

btw it sounds like you were involved with developing OSCAR - I just upgraded to 1.4.0 and noticed that the developers are requesting a zip file of the SD card for my machine. Id like to help - do you k ow where I should send this?

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The Prefs window should fit on any screen larger than 1366x768.... can you slide it closer to the top of your screen?

You can upload your file to https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH

Please put your user name in the zip file name so that we know who should look at it.

Thanks -
Post Reply Post Reply
In reference to post #22 in this thread, Philips indeed calculate to 65, with reference to total leak. That was my experience working with the Respironics range since around M-Series up till the DS1. I thought I’d pop it in for future reference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - will do.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 280 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 159 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 106 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 759 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.