Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaks...mask or mouth ?
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to differentiate mouth leaks from mask leaks on the SleepyHead leak graph ? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. Mouth leaks have flattish tops or look less sharp. Mask leaks are usually sharp jumbles. Most masks don't just leak a constant like your opening mouth would. Masks tend to flutter.

That is the conclusion I have reached from looking at my data.

The red are mask leaks. The blue are mouth leaks.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2016, 11:57 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yes. Mouth leaks have flattish tops or look less sharp. Mask leaks are usually sharp jumbles. Most masks don't just leak a constant like your opening mouth would. Masks tend to flutter.

That is the conclusion I have reached from looking at my data.

The red are mask leaks. The blue are mouth leaks.

Thanks...appreciate the info.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dry mouth Dreamless 13 228 22 minutes ago
Last Post: Dawnstar
Question Training Yourself to stop Mouth Breathing? SuperSleeper 84 53,764 Yesterday, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Dry mouth and confusion. (Newbie) TimtheEnchanter 5 180 Yesterday, 03:01 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Tips for Mouth-breathers? I'm having some issues. tomkatt 4 219 10-11-2017, 04:20 PM
  Does your brain learn not to mouth breathe? HalfAsleep 34 805 10-11-2017, 09:24 AM
  Got leaks under control, ready for some advise Barnfresh 4 155 10-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Barnfresh
  Trouble keeping my mouth closed Kryogen 26 855 10-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94