Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaks worse, AHI better???
Leaks worse, AHI better???
Having just switched from a Simplus to an AirFit F10, Sleepyhead says my leaks are much higher but my events, AHI, etc. are quite a bit lower. Could it be that the F10 has a higher intentional leak rate? How do you discover the intentional leak rate for a given mask?

Although higher, my leaks remain well below the 24 level.

BTW, I find the F10 more comfortable than the Simplus because there is no forehead bar and the cushion material seems more thin and flexible on the face.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leaks worse, AHI better???
(09-27-2014, 05:05 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: Could it be that the F10 has a higher intentional leak rate? How do you discover the intentional leak rate for a given mask?
Slightly higher but not significant enough. I don,t think matter as the S9 does its calculation assuming you,re using ResMed mask

F&P masks Exhaust-flow information
https://www.fphcare.co.nz/files/document...low-sheet/

F10 (page 7) http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leaks worse, AHI better???
Thanks zonk. You are the greatest at researching questions.

So at my average pressure, the exhaust flow is only 2 l/min higher for the F10 than the Simplus (39 vs. 37) so, as you say, that shouldn't make an appreciable difference. Your second note (S9 calculation assumes a ResMed mask) must be the explanation. At any rate, the therapy is going fine and my question was more from curiosity than anything else. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 290 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 186 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 245 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 143 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 332 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.