Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaky Mask
RE: Leaky Mask
That's great news davek!
Post Reply Post Reply
davek,
Having the same problems wirh my Mirage Quattro. Mine was recommended because I'm a mouth breather too. I'm also having issues with a sore on the bridge of my nose even though I bought the well known cushion (don't recall name right now). Will be reading links and blog mentioned in earlier posts here.

Seth
Post Reply Post Reply
The Simplus worked very well for me last night. I had zero leak issues turning on my side or whatever! I do have itchy skin/nose at times but that's something I had before and think I have to learn to deal with it. The simplus is a bit heavier on the face and I don't like the hooked straps compared to the clips on the mirage. But it is roomy inside the simplus for my big jewish nose.

Which reminds me of an old joke...... Ever wonder why Jews have a big nose?

Because air is free!.....hardy har har.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2014, 09:45 AM)GreyParrot Wrote: When I first put my mask on I dial the knob all the way in. As the mask warms up from contact with your face dial it out until it leaks a little then back in a click or two until it stops. That solved for me the exact problem you are having. I also got a "buckwheat husk" pillow
and developed two sleeping positions that allow a leak free night most
of the time. I do feel limited by only two sleeping positions, but if I take a couple Ibuprofens before bed, the mask and positions bother me a lot less.

I do the same thing. Leaks are solved by using the dial, however that Mirage Quattro just hammers my big nose bridge. I did smile when you talked about your "buckwheat husk" pillow. I can't sleep on any other pillow! It's the only custom shaping pillow that I know.

(04-04-2014, 05:53 AM)seth Wrote: davek, Having the same problems wirh my Mirage Quattro. Mine was recommended because I'm a mouth breather too. I'm also having issues with a sore on the bridge of my nose even though I bought the well known cushion (don't recall name right now). Will be reading links and blog mentioned in earlier posts here. Seth

Seth, how are you making out now? That Mirage Quattro sure is known for high pressure on nose bridges. I sure wish they would have updated it over the years to better deal with all the complaints about that aspect of the mask.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,750 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] DS1, Oscar, Leaky mask, back to DS2 fillmore50 8 919 10-28-2021, 04:09 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  [Equipment] Leaky masks April 6 855 04-17-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: April
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.