Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaky Mask
Leaky Mask
I searched this forum for answers so forgive me if this has been asked. I have the mirage quattro and most times when I turn on my side it leaks pretty bad on one side of my nose which pierces my eyeball and then I don't sleep well after that. I saw the one thread where someone trimmed the thicker inner silicon liner but that was a rub issue. I do keep trying various adjustments on the straps and the forehead bridge thingy but too tight is now good from what I've read so any other ideas would be awesome!?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leaky Mask
(03-31-2014, 05:01 PM)davek Wrote: I have the mirage quattro and most times when I turn on my side it leaks pretty bad on one side of my nose which pierces my eyeball and then I don't sleep well after that.
Thanks
you can "wind in" the dial for leaks around the top and "wind out" for leak around the bottom
Are you using the correct size and fitting the mask per user instructions
Quattro videos http://www.resmed.com/au/products/mirage...s&sec=true

You can always try different mask, its normal to try several masks to find the right one

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk! I'll look at the fitting instructions. What other mask are very popular?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi davek,
If you have too much trouble with the full-face mask, (FFM,) you are using, you could try another type of mask, there are lots of them out there.
Don't be shy about asking to try different ones 'till you find what works for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well it was recommended that I start with the FFM. I know I open my mouth a lot at night so I thought it was a safe bet. Definitely a learning curve with this stuff though!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi davek,
I use the same mask . It took awhile to tweak the straps and dial and I know everyone is different.I mostly side sleep intentionally using 2 soft down pillows and lay on 1/2 closest to outside of bed so pillow supports mask gently and doesn't put much pressure on it and vent free and clear.Hope that makes sense. Sometimes I tuck my hand under my cheek and that helps too.Understand about the leak into the eyes , it's aggravating. Tried about 6 or so masks to get this one .So before you give up on this one have you tried a different pillow ?
Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a blog named "Mask Arrayed". In it is a topic called taming the Mirage Quattro. You might want to read it. It is very helpful.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2014, 07:24 PM)PaytonA Wrote: There is a blog
There is one here too
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...GUARANTEED

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2014, 08:18 PM)zonk Wrote: There is one here too
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...GUARANTEED

Thanks for the link!

So, having the mask so tight that you run out of velcro is not the correct procedure? Thinking-about

Great-info
Post Reply Post Reply
had the exact same problem with my Quattro FX mask, I found by adding a under the chin strap and connecting it to the 2 bottom straps I could get the mask to seal nicely. my leak level median was 0.0 last night and I had been struggling with leaks.
the under chin strap held down the mask and made the nose seal work so much better. I to hate the air blowing in my eyes.

I stole the strap from another mask, it is a pain but sure makes the mask seal 100%, at least for me it did and only one night so far as I have only had a machine for 3 nights so far, but it sure was a good night.

maybe some string and cover it with a cover that come with some masks. not sure what you have available to make a nice comfortable chin strap, but if you can make one it sure seems to work well.

(03-31-2014, 05:01 PM)davek Wrote: I searched this forum for answers so forgive me if this has been asked. I have the mirage quattro and most times when I turn on my side it leaks pretty bad on one side of my nose which pierces my eyeball and then I don't sleep well after that. I saw the one thread where someone trimmed the thicker inner silicon liner but that was a rub issue. I do keep trying various adjustments on the straps and the forehead bridge thingy but too tight is now good from what I've read so any other ideas would be awesome!?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,210 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] DS1, Oscar, Leaky mask, back to DS2 fillmore50 8 921 10-28-2021, 04:09 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  [Equipment] Leaky masks April 6 856 04-17-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: April
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,424 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.