Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaky Mask
RE: Leaky Mask
The Quattro FX was my first and after unsuccessfully experimenting with a couple of nasal masks and the Dreamweaver Anew, I found the F&P Simplus. The Simplus works fine for the shape of my face with plenty of room for my overly sensitive nose (it gets itchy if anything touches it) and minimal leakage.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2014, 07:24 PM)PaytonA Wrote: There is a blog named "Mask Arrayed". In it is a topic called taming the Mirage Quattro. You might want to read it. It is very helpful.

PaytonA

(03-31-2014, 08:18 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-31-2014, 07:24 PM)PaytonA Wrote: There is a blog
There is one here too
apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-How-to-achieve-the-perfect-mask-fit-GUARANTEED

Both of those are great reads and very encouraging for me. I don't think my issue is pillow related as I've tried to sleep on the edge so mask wouldn't touch anything and it still leaked. I'll pay close attention to those write ups and see if I can't dial it in. Hopefully I'll work this out and the itchy nose which is another hurdle. Really appreciate the help! Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the Mirage Quattro mask also and I will tell you that at my pressure and with my face, I have to have the mask quite snug but I do not think that I have trouble with the bed pillow knocking the mask out of position causing a leak. I am a side sleeper too. I got a lot out of the blog.

Best of luck,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
One other thing! I was running out of time on my first response. The respiratory therapist that fitted me with the Mirage Quattro fitted me with the medium size although he said that I could have taken the small but he felt that based on his experience (he has been doing this for 20 years) the medium would work better for me at my pressure. I believe his idea was that the mask goes further up on my nose and seals better that way. That is my guess. Anyway it has worked out well.

Best regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2014, 02:28 PM)PaytonA Wrote: One other thing! I was running out of time on my first response. The respiratory therapist that fitted me with the Mirage Quattro fitted me with the medium size although he said that I could have taken the small but he felt that based on his experience (he has been doing this for 20 years) the medium would work better for me at my pressure. I believe his idea was that the mask goes further up on my nose and seals better that way. That is my guess. Anyway it has worked out well.

Best regards,
PaytonA

Well I wondered about that today. I printed the fitting pdf file and measured my face. It was mostly a large but medium is arguable. The print out said go smaller if split decision. Anyways, I worked on it today with s9 on "mask fit" blowing snot. Really really hard to get right at full on pressure. Found that bottom strap needs to be on tight comparably. Thanks again for the help and I'll trudge forward this eve! Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I spent a couple of hours playing with setup on the quattro and thought I had it but last night was the worst ever. Maybe I got the wrong size but the template says I'm 75% a large and 25% medium so I got a large. I think I'll look into trying something else though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2014, 05:01 PM)davek Wrote: I searched this forum for answers so forgive me if this has been asked. I have the mirage quattro and most times when I turn on my side it leaks pretty bad on one side of my nose which pierces my eyeball and then I don't sleep well after that. I saw the one thread where someone trimmed the thicker inner silicon liner but that was a rub issue. I do keep trying various adjustments on the straps and the forehead bridge thingy but too tight is now good from what I've read so any other ideas would be awesome!?

Thanks

When I first put my mask on I dial the knob all the way in. As the mask warms up from contact with your face dial it out until it leaks a little then back in a click or two until it stops. That solved for me the exact problem you are having. I also got a "buckwheat husk" pillow
and developed two sleeping positions that allow a leak free night most
of the time. I do feel limited by only two sleeping positions, but if I take a couple Ibuprofens before bed, the mask and positions bother me a lot less.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2014, 06:15 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: The Quattro FX was my first and after unsuccessfully experimenting with a couple of nasal masks and the Dreamweaver Anew, I found the F&P Simplus. The Simplus works fine for the shape of my face with plenty of room for my overly sensitive nose (it gets itchy if anything touches it) and minimal leakage.

Just ordered a simplus
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish you well davek. Let us know how the Simplus works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2014, 08:06 PM)JimZZZ Wrote: I wish you well davek. Let us know how the Simplus works for you.

When you suggested the simplus, I didn't honestly think much about it. I did some research outside of this forum and thought perhaps the Phillips Amara would be good but a search here showed people having leak issues. Just what I didn't want. So a search on simplus showed some surprisingly good results even though I can't find it on anyone's radar outside of this place. Anyways, I just got the mask and feels really good and I had no issues using the "mask fit" feature on the S9 when it blows full throttle! Using that feature with the Quattro was useless as it just leaked all over the place.

I really appreciate the suggestion and I can't wait to try it tonight!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,755 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] DS1, Oscar, Leaky mask, back to DS2 fillmore50 8 920 10-28-2021, 04:09 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  [Equipment] Leaky masks April 6 856 04-17-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: April
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.