Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Learning Curve..
Learning Curve..
..(and running off the road)...

One month tomorrow on Mizz Crackers' CPAP.... I have been in search of a way to read the SD card, and get the info into SH.

After one real good guy board member suggested that most laptops have a card slot...(my 'antique' desktop does not), and remembering that I had bought her a new laptop a few months back and Sho Nuff!!, there's a card slot in there!

Loaded the SH/Software into the laptop, popped a card into her machine, getting all excited that now we can really monitor what is going on, and the SW tells me that this particular machine only records 'hours of use' data...

Oh Sh....... Poop!!!

So yesterday I called the nice folks that I bought it from...Explained that I'm pretty ignorant about CPAP matters, and apparently bought the wrong machine...And guess what!...there's an upgraded one, that will do the proper recorded readouts, it's on the way (same day). When it gets here, I send the first one back to them for a full credit, and I only pay the difference in cost between the two....

Friends...ya just can't beat that kind of helpful service! I'd love to post who and where they are, but I'm unsure of a possible forum rule infraction...

But...I'm real sure that the second new CPAP will Supply her with just what she needs to get back on the road to better health. I also hear that it rains a lot in Spokane WA.

Best to all!

FLc

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Learning Curve..
Ya'll lucked out on that one!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
You got real lucky there FL.
Keep us informed as to how things go.
BTW I use a device to read SD cards that connects to my PC via a USB Hub.. works ok.
REMBER.. to LOCK your SD card BEFORE you insert it in your computer. and UNLOCK it before you put it back in your CPAP machine.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
If the people you got the unit from are on the supplier list you can refer to them by their number. If not you can PM SS the name of the supplier and ask if he'll open a thread to add them to the list. We have a procedure in place for that too.

Great luck on getting the other unit, very good deal, all the best.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Or you can give their name just not any web address. At least this is what I remember.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
You could simply say "Supplier #9" from the trusty-dusty Apneaboard Supplier List. That would work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2014, 11:06 AM)retired_guy Wrote: You could simply say "Supplier #9" from the trusty-dusty Apneaboard Supplier List. That would work.

There ya go RG!! That's the one....

Can't say enough regarding their helpful service, and very reasonable pricing on all items CPAP related.

I might add that the person I mostly spoke and dealt with, I'm pretty sure, is the owner of company. A gentleman named Andrew...Gracious and generous to say the least.

You need supplies, or a new/upgrade machine, give these kind folks a look-up. You won't be sorry!

FLc

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi FLcracker,
It's good to hear that you got such great service from your DME, (Durable Medical Equipment,) company.
Good luck to you and your wife, with the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what machine your getting FL. If its a Resmed then everyone seems to say you need to lock and unlock the SD card.

If its a Respironics PRS1 machine you dont need to worry about locking the SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2014, 04:42 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Not sure what machine your getting FL. If its a Resmed then everyone seems to say you need to lock and unlock the SD card.

If its a Respironics PRS1 machine you dont need to worry about locking the SD card.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
I'm sure you would agree with me if you have ever lost some data due to not locking the write capability to you card.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I Buy It..Air Curve 10 VAuto WW4B 2 221 02-24-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow curve shape - what does it say? pezhead99 17 1,298 10-20-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: pezhead99
Sad [Treatment] Air Curve CPAP mode vs Asv Mode treatment central apnea Emtvalenti 2 508 05-28-2023, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti
  [Pressure] Air curve 10 lowering pressure to sleep first test Emtvalenti 0 383 05-19-2023, 05:13 PM
  [Treatment] Air curve Asv CPAP mode vs AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP mode (I don't adapt autoasv) Emtvalenti 0 402 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
  Seems Resmed 10 curve has changed Billmt 1 451 03-08-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Looking for Advice on Effectiveness of Bipap Air Curve 10 ST-A cmpman1974 2 769 02-07-2023, 10:01 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.