Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Learning Curve..
RE: Learning Curve..
Cracker, what the guys are talking about is a tendency of Windows 8.1 to have it's way with your SDCard. It writes a couple of files on it that Resmed machines get very unhappy about. I have not heard that this is an issue with Remstar machines, so I don't think it will affect you.

I know it won't affect you if you don't download the Sleepyhead software and start reviewing results on your computer. But I hope you do install the software and review the results on the computer.

...and just for drill, it's always a good idea to lock your card when you put it in the computer, and unlock it when you put it back in your machine, as the guys have suggested.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2014, 04:42 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Not sure what machine your getting FL. If its a Resmed then everyone seems to say you need to lock and unlock the SD card.

If its a Respironics PRS1 machine you dont need to worry about locking the SD card.

DS560S Phillips REMstar Auto 60 Series

Basically a step up from the one she already has now....but it will record data, and low to final pressure is 'self adjusting' to her needs.

More to LEARN!!!! Lock the card, unlock the card...decisions, decisions!

The really great thing is, she will not be without her system for any length of time...When the upgrade arrives, it will go right to work, and the one we have now will be returned.

I really don't have a clue where we'd be, without all the knowledgeable and helpful folks, and available info on this forum.... Great big 'Thanks Y'all!'

FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2014, 06:05 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Cracker, what the guys are talking about is a tendency of Windows 8.1 to have it's way with your SDCard. It writes a couple of files on it that Resmed machines get very unhappy about. I have not heard that this is an issue with Remstar machines, so I don't think it will affect you.

I know it won't affect you if you don't download the Sleepyhead software and start reviewing results on your computer. But I hope you do install the software and review the results on the computer.

...and just for drill, it's always a good idea to lock your card when you put it in the computer, and unlock it when you put it back in your machine, as the guys have suggested.

SH software is loaded and ready to rock....The laptop is a Win 7 system. Heard to many bad things about 8 being all buggy n' junk...so I only shopped for ones with 7 on them....I have had no real problems adjusting to 7, but still prefer XP over all... Still runs my 9 year old Dell DT, without ever a problem...and is real easy to use compared.

Take care RG!

FLc

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2014, 05:59 PM)Bompa Wrote: [quote='Ghost1958' pid='88792' dateline='1414532525']
Not sure what machine your getting FL. If its a Resmed then everyone seems to say you need to lock and unlock the SD card.

If its a Respironics PRS1 machine you dont need to worry about locking the SD card.

I agree an ounce of prevention is wise here.... since the author of Sleepyhead software stresses that it's not the machine that is the problem, it's the Windows and Mac operating system software which can cause the problem.

It seems that both Windows and the Mac OS X automatically write a little file (in Mac it's called a ds.store file, I don't remember what Windows calls it) to the card when you insert it into your computer. That little file can cause the SD card data to become corrupted and you can loose all or part of your SD card data.

The cure is "prevention".... when you remove the SD card from your machine, before you insert it into your computer, "Lock" the SD card by sliding the little tab on the side of the card to the "Lock" position. Since Sleepyhead and most other software never write anything to the SD card, it only "reads" it, this will prevent the Windows or Mac operating system from writing their little files to the SD card.

Just remember to "unlock" the SD card before you put it back into your machine.

This hold true for a Respironics machine as well as a ResMed (or any other machine).

Hope this clarifies it.

Paul

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2014, 04:13 AM)CPAPER Paul Wrote:
(10-28-2014, 05:59 PM)Bompa Wrote: [quote='Ghost1958' pid='88792' dateline='1414532525']
Not sure what machine your getting FL. If its a Resmed then everyone seems to say you need to lock and unlock the SD card.

I agree an ounce of prevention is wise here.... since the author of Sleepyhead software stresses that it's not the machine that is the problem, it's the Windows and Mac operating system software which can cause the problem.

It seems that both Windows and the Mac OS X automatically write a little file (in Mac it's called a ds.store file, I don't remember what Windows calls it) to the card when you insert it into your computer. That little file can cause the SD card data to become corrupted and you can loose all or part of your SD card data.

The cure is "prevention".... when you remove the SD card from your machine, before you insert it into your computer, "Lock" the SD card by sliding the little tab on the side of the card to the "Lock" position. Since Sleepyhead and most other software never write anything to the SD card, it only "reads" it, this will prevent the Windows or Mac operating system from writing their little files to the SD card.

Just remember to "unlock" the SD card before you put it back into your machine.

This hold true for a Respironics machine as well as a ResMed (or any other machine).

Hope this clarifies it.

Paul

The PRS1 auto aflex you list and my machine are the same. My card has been unlocked since day 1. Respronics Machine doesnt care what is on the SD card as long as there is room to write to it.

Now what future OS that Winders comes up with in the future I dont know of course but no system I know of that exists now in Winders bothers the PRS1 machines. At least not the 550 or 560
Post Reply Post Reply
FLcracker - That is Terrific that you got a better APAP/XPAP! I ordered my 12 volt transformer cord from CPAP company Supplier #1 and was very happy with the price, service and the shipping time.

Is this the correct info for you? If not, please update.

Machine: Phillips PR System One REMstar 60 SE
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics ComfortGel Blue
Humidifier: Came Attached
CPAP Pressure: 10
CPAP Software: Not using software
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2014, 02:13 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: FLcracker - That is Terrific that you got a better APAP/XPAP! I ordered my 12 volt transformer cord from CPAP company Supplier #1 and was very happy with the price, service and the shipping time.

Is this the correct info for you? If not, please update.

Machine: Phillips PR System One REMstar 60 SE
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics ComfortGel Blue
Humidifier: Came Attached
CPAP Pressure: 10
CPAP Software: Not using software

Yes ma'am...correct at this time...

However, this will change soon when the upgraded Auto unit arrives here, likely on coming Monday...

Hose and mask will still be the same...at least for now... Will update every thing else as soon thereafter as I can.

Best Wishes,

FLc
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I Buy It..Air Curve 10 VAuto WW4B 2 220 02-24-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow curve shape - what does it say? pezhead99 17 1,298 10-20-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: pezhead99
Sad [Treatment] Air Curve CPAP mode vs Asv Mode treatment central apnea Emtvalenti 2 505 05-28-2023, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti
  [Pressure] Air curve 10 lowering pressure to sleep first test Emtvalenti 0 379 05-19-2023, 05:13 PM
  [Treatment] Air curve Asv CPAP mode vs AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP mode (I don't adapt autoasv) Emtvalenti 0 399 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
  Seems Resmed 10 curve has changed Billmt 1 448 03-08-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Looking for Advice on Effectiveness of Bipap Air Curve 10 ST-A cmpman1974 2 766 02-07-2023, 10:01 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.