Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Just received my results... unsure about what would be best!
RE: Just received my results... unsure about what would be best!
You are all so nice, thank you so much for all the advice.
I called and got my appointment next Friday. The guy there also recommended the auto ajusting machine. Its 1800$ though, plus 175$ for mask!! WOW!!

So there are three machines to choose from. The Airsense 10, System one with humidifier or the s9 autoset with humidifier. Any one better then another?

And for the mask, i breath thru my nose, what should i go for?
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed S9 Autoset and Resmed Airsense 10 auto are both good Resmed machines. If it is between an S9 Autoset and an S10 CPAP (not auto) go for auto. Resmed's latest autos are the Airsense S10 and Airsense S10 for her. That last is the best one, having more data (RERAs) and algorithms meant to deal with the female version of apnea which generally seems to include more sub-apnea (RERA) as women typically rouse faster than men and tend to have shorter disturbances. There's a thread or 2 about it on this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2014, 11:17 PM)catalina Wrote: You are all so nice, thank you so much for all the advice.
I called and got my appointment next Friday. The guy there also recommended the auto ajusting machine. Its 1800$ though, plus 175$ for mask!! WOW!!

So there are three machines to choose from. The Airsense 10, System one with humidifier or the s9 autoset with humidifier. Any one better then another?

And for the mask, i breath thru my nose, what should i go for?

The S9 Autoset is what I use and a good machine, the Airsense is the latest model in the Resmed range so inquire whether you can get the S9 cheaper as that model is now 3-4 years old but will still do the job.

As for masks, you want to try out the 3 different kinds, as with anything sleep apnea everyone will have a different opinion.
The 3 types are Nasal mask - just covers your nose, Nasal prongs - go up your nose and Full face mask - covers your nose and mouth. FFM are mainly used for mouth breathers and nasal masks and prongs are used by nose breathers. It is really a personal choice some people don't like their face covered and others like less intrusion.
Start writing down your questions to ask when you go for your appointment so you don't forget anything and ask any questions here. Well done on getting your appointment bought forward.Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
I will be the contrarian here. An AHI of 6/hr or 9/hr is not even classified as sleep apnea in certain countries. Since your O2 sat were good, you don't have this problem. I think a xPAP machine is too much of a hassle for such a minor case.

You may want to get a lab sleep study done if you want to be really sure but a home study with o2 sats provides a good picture already. Also, a sleep study in a lab can tell you if you have UARS. That may cause daytime tiredness as well without an uptick in AHI. A xPAP machine will take care of that as well.

You may hold off on spending $$$ for a machine and mask, for now.

My 2 cents. YMMV.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 151 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 102 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,157 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 431 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 837 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Help interpreting Lofta results Jim23 1 166 02-26-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Jim23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.