Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Left My SD Card while out of town
Left My SD Card while out of town
I left my SD CARD at my fishing shack and will not be back for 2 weeks.

Questions:
1. can I use the machine without it?
2. can I buy another SD card and will it copy past and future data?

Thank you

PR bipap auto 750P
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Left My SD Card while out of town
(08-17-2013, 11:40 AM)fallonboy Wrote: I left my SD CARD at my fishing shack and will not be back for 2 weeks.

Questions:
1. can I use the machine without it?
2. can I buy another SD card and will it copy past and future data?

Hi fallonboy, welcome to the forum!

Yes, I suggest you buy a new SD card right away. I think the smallest capacity you can buy these days is about 1 GB or 2 GB, which will work fine. Not sure whether using an unnecessarily larger capacity SD card would perhaps cause problems, so I would just buy a small capacity one. I bought a package of two 2 GB cards at Walmart for about $10 last year. I think your machine uses the original full size SD card, not one of the newer miniaturized SD cards.

I think the machine will write to the card at least the compliance data (nightly totals of how many hours the machine was in use) for the past year and maybe at least statistical summaries for the previous month or longer. I think there are some types of "high rate" data (like "Flow" and "High Rate Pressure") which are stored only directly on the card during use, and since these were never stored in the machine itself the machine cannot write these types of data for previous nights to a new card.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Respironics holds detailed data for longer. You can use another card now (especially if worried about tracking compliance) or wait until you get home. Data for each night *should* be written onto the card then but I can never remember what it keeps and what it does not.

If you had a Resmed, you'd be out of luck. Card not there, no detailed data saved, just hrs used.

All you need is 1-2gig SD card. Anything else is a waste.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
****UPDATE***
1 or 2 GB are not in the stores in my area. So I bought a 4GB. The machine seems to like it fine. I have not been successful with the Sleephead software yet so I don't know if any data is on the sd card I just bought. The user manual says the machine works with or without a data card.

Many thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi fallonboy,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that only compliance data is stored in the machine when the card is absent. Maybe it also stores AHI data but not flow rate data. Don't know for sure.

Then when you insert the card the stored data is automatically copied to the card.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again. I am getting ready for Roux-En-Y gastric by-pass surgery later this month. I must rack up 3 weeks of good data before the operation. This machine is new to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found a 2 GB SD Card. The only data I can get on it is the machines serial number. No other data on the SD card. At least I have data on the machines drive.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2013, 10:43 AM)fallonboy Wrote: I found a 2 GB SD Card. The only data I can get on it is the machines serial number. No other data on the SD card. At least I have data on the machines drive.

Seems strange the machine is not putting data on the new card.

Maybe it would help to reformat the new card and try again.

Be sure to keep the write protect Lock Tab in the unlocked position.

Good luck.

--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is what is on the SD card

SerialNumber=P06212739254C
ModelNumber=750P
ProductType=0x37
DataFormat=UDF
DataFormatVersion=2
Family=0
FamilyVersion=3
SoftwareVersion=V2.52
FirstDate=1376870674
LastDate=1376879672
BasicKey=000001023aca
DetailsKey=70000202907a
ErrorKey=0003040042ad
PatientFolderNum=0
PatientFileNum=0
EquipFileNum=1
TotalAutoTrialDays=0
AutoTrialRxDaysIssued=0
AutoTrialRxDaysUsed=0
MinimumTherapyHoursAchieved=0
ContinuousTherapyHoursAchieved=0
IsInAutoTrialMode=0
IsInAutoCheckMode=0
BiLevelTrialExpiration=0
AutoBiLevelTrialCapable=0
BiLevelTrialCapable=0
AutoTrialCapable=0
AutoCheckCapable=0
ValidCheck=1268
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Picking up where I left off - My CPAP Therapy Thread SwirlySauce 38 2,875 04-10-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: SwirlySauce
  How effective is APAP if left to do it's thing? chris94546 4 638 03-16-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: chris94546
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 948 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Throbbing sensation behind the left ear, might be waking me SleepFoo 9 934 07-28-2022, 05:15 PM
Last Post: SleepFoo
  [CPAP] Really new, left in dark by doctors ConorRyan2612 18 1,741 11-26-2021, 10:01 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Discomfort of turning left & right in bed due to CPAP mask hose. Any suggestions? WWu777 16 2,118 05-31-2021, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 51,026 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.