Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Left My Water Chamber At Home
Left My Water Chamber At Home
Hello All,

I'm currently traveling a long way from home, and I just realized that I left my water chamber at home. I'm going to be away for 10 days. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Left My Water Chamber At Home
Google DME suppliers in the area you are traveling, then go buy a water chamber.

Or...order one online....see supplier list at top of this page. They can deliver overnight.

Or turn humidifier off.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bday33 your profile does not include information about your machine, and your post does not indicate your travel location. Some models allow the humidifier to be removed and a standard 22 mm hose connected directly to the blower unit. The part you need should be fairly easy to source, and if it is not you can still operate many units directly from the blower.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BDay33,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Echoing what others have said, , , ,

Need to know the machine. Most current machines in the ResMed, Respironics, and DeVillbiss lines can be separated from the humidifier and you just use it without if it is only for a few days to a couple of weeks. For that short a period, you can probably get by without humidification. I do so when I travel. I have a NIB ResMed S-8 that is my travel machine. No humidification. When I used an S-8 Elite as my primary machine, a large part of the year I just stowed the humidifier and went without.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
My Resmed Airsense Auto for Her will not operate without either the water chamber OR the side panel. My understanding is that the regular Airsense Auto does the same. I do not know about other models of the current Airsense line. If a DME will not give you a part, then as mentioned, contact an online provider and have them ship it to you overnight. You are out of luck for tonight if a local DME won't provide you a part (and chances are, they won't without a prescription).

If you happen to have an S9, just unlock the humidifier from the unit and plug in directly.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is one of those things that you do when you are SOL and camping. I made my own water chamber using a 1/2 gallon milk container by cutting the hose in half and routing it through the container. I sealed everything with duct tape and it worked up to a pressure setting of 14. It wasn't pretty, but it worked. Tip, wrap some duct tape around the circumference to prevent the bottle from expanding. I am not sure how this affected the accuracy of the settings and the data on the SD card as I did not see much of a variation over my normal readings.

Now what I do is leave a second water chamber in my go bag so I simply take out the one with water, toss the machine in the bag, and leave. My bag contains a second mask and new cushion, a new hose, a new water chamber, an extra SD card, and an additional power cord. Plus the DC converter and cables.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2016, 03:14 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: I made my own water chamber using a 1/2 gallon milk container by cutting the hose in half and routing it through the container. I sealed everything with duct tape and it worked up to a pressure setting of 14. It wasn't pretty, but it worked. Tip, wrap some duct tape around the circumference to prevent the bottle from expanding.

Ah Yes... Better living though engineering ... Oh... er... um... I mean ChemistryLaugh-a-lot

Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
i hope u took pics of that.... wanna see!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 78 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,908 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.