Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Left Power cord at home.
Grin 
Left Power cord at home.
So I left my power cord/supply at home for my PR RemStar Auto 560 Series. Can I go to Radio Shack or any store that sells them and pick a off brand one up, or am I pretty much screwed? Any help would be appreciated. Would hate to sleep without my machine for 3 nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Left Power cord at home.
(01-02-2015, 01:32 AM)dsk0875 Wrote: So I left my power cord/supply at home for my PR RemStar Auto 560 Series. Can I go to Radio Shack or any store that sells them and pick a off brand one up, or am I pretty much screwed? Any help would be appreciated. Would hate to sleep without my machine for 3 nights.

Radio Shack may have what you need. The PR supply is 12Vdc with heated tube you need an 80 watt supply ( approx 6 amps). The center pin is positive and you should take your unit there to verify the correct connector fit. If they don't have what you need, call a DME at your destination point, the PRS1 is pretty common. Important point the 550 and 560 have different connectors so make sure it is for a series 60 unit. Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dsk0875,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
If you have a DME close to where you are visiting, you might get your powersupply and cord there.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 11:22 AM)Eleong2 Wrote: Radio Shack may have what you need. The PR supply is 12Vdc with heated tube you need an 80 watt supply ( approx 6 amps).

Since watts = volts times amps, at 12V you will need 80/12= 6.7 amps to develop 80 watts. I'd go for at least 7 amps for safety.

Post Reply Post Reply
Another good source for AC power supplies is Batteries Plus. You will need the power supply specs. The 60 Watt supply is 12 VDC 5.0 Amp. The 80 watt supply is 12 volt DC 6.67 amps.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, did you find a solution?

BTW, when you have such a problem in the future, post the city you're in. You might find a good samaritan forum member who will help you out with a loan.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 89 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,911 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,324 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 865 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.