Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Left water in my humidifer
RE: Left water in my humidifer
Did water get into the blower unit or just the smell? Two totally different beasties.

If just the smell, then take apart the unit and put it and a box (or two) of baking soda in a big ziploc bag (like one of those for sweaters) and let it sit for a while. Don't sprinkle the stuff around, just let it try and get the stink out.

Take photos as you go so you remember which part went where and how.

If water got in, they make these big anti-moisture things for closets. Take the machine apart and put it in the ziploc with the anti-moisture thing, zip it up, and let it sit in there for a bit. Let the anti-moisture thing suck up as much moisture as it can even if it seems there aren't any.

After that, let regular air clear it out I guess. Not direct sun, just regular exposure.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2014, 08:12 PM)macamon Wrote: Thanks for paying attention vsheline, you are correct on the vpapIII not being an S9. This is my old machine which I use for travel and backup.

I don't see a lid that I can simply remove to clean out the blower. The humidifier is a no brainer, but I'm getting ready to consider disassembling the blower unit. Does anyone have pointers about working on this dinosaur?

sorry for not paying attention.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2014, 08:12 PM)macamon Wrote: Thanks for paying attention vsheline, you are correct on the vpapIII not being an S9. This is my old machine which I use for travel and backup.

I don't see a lid that I can simply remove to clean out the blower. The humidifier is a no brainer, but I'm getting ready to consider disassembling the blower unit. Does anyone have pointers about working on this dinosaur?

Hi macamon,

If you don't find the service manual in the members only Private Files section, I suggest you send a Private Message to SuperSleeper to ask if he may know where to obtain a service manual for the ResMed VPAP III.

Good luck!

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2014, 08:17 PM)archangle Wrote: You may be right. The PRS1 has a humidity sensor. I don't know if any of the ResMed machines have that.

the S9 machines have a sensor in the humidifier. but not in the air path, more of an ambient thing.
(07-05-2014, 08:17 PM)archangle Wrote:
(07-05-2014, 07:58 PM)Sleepster Wrote: There's more than one pressure sensor?!

Some airflow sensors are made from two pressure sensors with an air restriction between them. It looks like the S9 works this way.

confirmed, one differential pressure sensor to calculate flow before the blower, one pressure sensor near the outlet to read tube pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2014, 08:26 PM)diamaunt Wrote: confirmed, one differential pressure sensor to calculate flow before the blower, one pressure sensor near the outlet to read tube pressure.

Interesting ...
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed VPAPIII
Okay, I shook out as much water as I can from the blower and I'm running it as suggested in hopes of evaporating what's left. I found an old damaged hose that restricts the air flow enough that I don't have to turn off the auto off and it's been running for about an hour. I plan on letting it go for a couple more and seeing if it still smells funny. If it's still smelly I'll take it apart tomorrow as best I can (I'll put in a request wit sleepster) Thanks for the ton of help! sorry about the poke for going off track ^_^
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2014, 08:12 PM)macamon Wrote: Does anyone have pointers about working on this dinosaur?
Inside View of a ResMed S9 CPAP machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ht=s9+vpap

http://www.apneaboard.com/S9/ResMed-S9-inside.htm

INSIDE TOP
[Image: S9-top-inside.png]

INSIDE BOTTOM:
[Image: S9-bottom-inside.png]

CIRCUIT BOARD INSIDE:
[Image: S9-board-underside.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2014, 08:46 PM)macamon Wrote: (I'll put in a request wit sleepster)

Hey, I got your PM, but I'm not the Admin, SuperSleeper is.

No worries, though. That manual is available by email request. Follow instructions here for sending an email request:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Scroll down to SECTION THREE.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleepster! I sent off the email, hopefully the repair manual is available.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2014, 08:41 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-05-2014, 08:26 PM)diamaunt Wrote: confirmed, one differential pressure sensor to calculate flow before the blower, one pressure sensor near the outlet to read tube pressure.

Interesting ...

[Image: S9-board-underside.png]

the flow sensor is the rectangular block with the two posts near the top, one post on each side of the baffle that's in the airflow, and the pressure sensor is the chip on the bottom left with the clear gasket squidgy bit stuck to it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 209 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 353 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.