Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Legality of provider changing settings
RE: Legality of provider changing settings
To me, the rub is that if that is the DME selected by your insurer, then the contract has little meaning, as you will do what they state in the contract or you cannot use the service. You have little choice, and since a contract is made by agreement between 2 parties, it is prima facie unfair. But its not really worth the time and money to fight. Kind of part of life is not fair so get over it. I'd use a different provider is at all doable, because they are not going to let you make changes to the standard contract.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also along this topic...

Make sure you get a copy of anything you sign. My Dr DME had me sign so many papers regarding payment plans, how often I'd receive which supplies, who to contact for what... and I did not receive copies of any of it. Yikes.

Not to mention that I didn't end up accepting the equipment from them that day because I didn't like what they were "giving" me.

So essentially I signed a bunch of paperwork, and actually walked out with a verbal cancellation of what I'd signed, without any paper proof I'd cancelled.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why more people do not go Postal is beyond my understanding.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2017, 12:47 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: Aye, there's the rub.

Just goes to show you should always read any contract you sign.  Having said that, I have to admit that's advice that I myself have not usually followed.
Unfortunately, when stuck between a rock and a hard place, it really doesn't matter what the contract says unless we are prepared to pay 100% for our consumables.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 268 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 270 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  DME Provider Recos cincysinner 5 334 01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 273 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.