Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Legionairre's disease as a result of cpap use
RE: Legionairre's disease as a result of cpap use
(08-19-2018, 08:40 AM)jsielke Wrote: I know there are a lot who will rise up in horror at the idea, but I am a pleased user of the SoClean CPAP disinfecting machine, and have been for almost a year.

As long as you don't use it as a substitute for cleaning with soap and water, it probably can't hurt.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2018, 01:21 PM)Sleepster Wrote: As long as you don't use it as a substitute for cleaning with soap and water, it probably can't hurt.

It's pretty brilliant marketing if you can get people to still manually wash their CPAP mask
parts, but claim the machine you sold them is why they are clean :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I know there are threads on SoClean to search for but can someone restate the main complaint about it here?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2018, 02:44 PM)sheepless Wrote: I know there are threads on SoClean to search for but can someone restate the main complaint about it here?

1) "SoClean" doesn't clean. It's own manual says you still have to manually wash your mask. It only "sanitizes", and the surfaces have to be clean for it to do it.

2) SoClean uses ozone - a toxic gas made up of three oxygen atoms. But maybe not enough ozone to really sanitize the way hospital grade machines do because it has to use consumer safe levels. But it does use enough ozone to stink, maybe be unhealthy and to damage mask parts over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
truth in advertising is an oxymoron?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah So Clean is a rip off. I just use vinegar. Should kill all the bacteria.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2018, 02:44 PM)sheepless Wrote: I know there are threads on SoClean to search for but can someone restate the main complaint about it here?

It hasn't been shown to do anything other than make the user feel better.

Worse, if someone uses it as a substitute for soap-and-water cleaning they significantly raise the risk of contamination.

That reminds me. I need to scrub my hose with hot soapy water using my hose brush. Be back shortly.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,022 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Sleep Apnea and Cushing's disease related? NorthernGuy 4 406 12-19-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Review of OSCAR Result wasvsdal 7 663 10-18-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question [Pressure] Many Settings - Same Result - OSCAR Detectives take a look? BionicBreather 16 1,779 10-16-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: BionicBreather
  When UARS Is Lung Disease? Lung experts? Apnea23 25 1,747 07-06-2023, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Apnea23
  State-of-the-Art Sleep Apnea and Cardiovascular Disease MnGeno 0 369 06-29-2023, 12:45 PM
Last Post: MnGeno
  A Nueroinvasive disease with Apnea Jsmcquea 3 550 06-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.