Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Legitimate pro-sumer home testing device?
Legitimate pro-sumer home testing device?
Does anyone know of equipment we can buy to do our own sleep studies? I've done a couple of the at-home via mail type (Registered Portable Monitoring) with the "Alice Night-one" tester, and I kinda wish I could just buy that equipment (or something like it) and monitor myself as I work through what works and what doesn't with all of the variables of masks, sleeping positions, devices etc. I know more about this than my doc, that's for sure, but paying 175 bucks a pop for another study every time I make an adjustment to something makes it worth considering just buying something. Anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Legitimate pro-sumer home testing device?
The ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset is a machine that is easy to interpret and adjust.  

Post your daily charts here and we can assist you in making modifications.

IF we should suggest an additional sleep study it will be for good reason and needs to be seriously considered.

Using the Autoset is like running a Sleep Test every night.  Some differences.  But we can tell a lot from the daily charts.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt that type of equipment is available for consumer purchase, plus how would you interpret the results?

I’m in agreement with bonjour.  Your A10 machine will give you more than enough information along with #SleepyHead software to make the adjustments necessary to your therapy.

In addition, you might want to try an overnight recording oximeter to track your oxygen levels.

I’m sure you do know more than your doctor when it comes to therapy adjustments, as most of us do.  Rolleyes

Start keeping a diary and coordinate with what you see on #SleepyHead. Log all pressure and comfort setting changes along with mask changes. Log how you feel and the type of events you see.

Eventually you will see a pattern.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently you can buy one out of China for about $1000.
See thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Didgeridoo
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you have something out of the ordinary going on, there is no point at all in having repeated sleep tests. Having repeated tests is just a waste of money and effort. The test will tell you that you have apnea, which is something you already know. It won't tell you how your treatment is going, or help with pressure adjustments and other optimisation. But your Autoset machine will do that. So as Fred and Rose said, let us see your #SleepyHead daily charts - they will give us (and you) all the information you need to optimise your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy Very Poor Quality of OSA Research and Almost Non-existent Specific CPAP Testing mdmarmd 1 135 04-13-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,057 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,284 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 260 03-28-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 605 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,207 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,465 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.