Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Legitimate pro-sumer home testing device?
Does anyone know of equipment we can buy to do our own sleep studies? I've done a couple of the at-home via mail type (Registered Portable Monitoring) with the "Alice Night-one" tester, and I kinda wish I could just buy that equipment (or something like it) and monitor myself as I work through what works and what doesn't with all of the variables of masks, sleeping positions, devices etc. I know more about this than my doc, that's for sure, but paying 175 bucks a pop for another study every time I make an adjustment to something makes it worth considering just buying something. Anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset is a machine that is easy to interpret and adjust.  

Post your daily charts here and we can assist you in making modifications.

IF we should suggest an additional sleep study it will be for good reason and needs to be seriously considered.

Using the Autoset is like running a Sleep Test every night.  Some differences.  But we can tell a lot from the daily charts.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt that type of equipment is available for consumer purchase, plus how would you interpret the results?

I’m in agreement with bonjour.  Your A10 machine will give you more than enough information along with SleepyHead software to make the adjustments necessary to your therapy.

In addition, you might want to try an overnight recording oximeter to track your oxygen levels.

I’m sure you do know more than your doctor when it comes to therapy adjustments, as most of us do.  Rolleyes

Start keeping a diary and coordinate with what you see on SleepyHead. Log all pressure and comfort setting changes along with mask changes. Log how you feel and the type of events you see.

Eventually you will see a pattern.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Testing severity of Sleep Apnea with maximum 4 pressure freetime 8 340 12-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What new C/A PAP device to gift Corvette817 11 486 12-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Question How do you clean the interior of the cpap device? Keljian 7 326 11-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  [How to] Mask Device Compatibility - Res Med sonicboom 9 398 11-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Difficulty Adapting To ASV Device lgins 15 564 11-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Last Post: CTcentrals
  [Diagnosis] I got my Home Sleep Test results today. alarsen77 8 317 11-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Last Post: alarsen77
  home study for centrals jerry1967 21 1,086 10-09-2017, 07:27 PM