Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Let's improve sleep quality! What have you done that helped you sleep better?
RE: Let's improve sleep quality! What have you done that helped you sleep better?
Shadowpup and Captain Howdy thanks for wonderful posts. I'm eager to learn more.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Let's improve sleep quality! What have you done that helped you sleep better?
I'm active on a photography forum. Sometimes the greatest advancements occur when you ask a basic question.

My view is that there is too little talk about sleep quality. After all I've heard that 10% of people drop out immediately after receiving their brand new cpap equipment. I want this equipment to work as well as it can. I want my treatment to be successful.

And we are part of a community of people that care. I'm trying to make it easier for us all with this post.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2021, 05:59 AM)DaveL Wrote: I'm active on a photography forum.  Sometimes the greatest advancements occur when you ask a basic question.

Absolutely. You get so caught up in the numbers and the dials and the masks and the pillows you often overlook the simplest things.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeping with earplugs in my ears has helped me get more sleep and less interrupted sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent Hydrangea!
I wear hearing aids all day. And have tinnitus too...both ears.

I hadn't considered ear plugs. Thanks!
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Do the hearing aids help the tinnitus?
Post Reply Post Reply
No Gideon. I have to tune it out. Ignore it.

My hearing aids are cheap ones; I have no idea if better and more costly ones would help. Seems to me that they would have to have a louder noise to mask the tinnitus. Unless they were sophisticated enough to have destructive interference, generating a noise that scrubbed out the tinnitus noise. Like noise cancelling headphones do....
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
You might find the earplugs make the tinnitus harder to ignore by blocking out the external sounds. It'd be nice if there was a way to automatically use noise-cancelling to help tinnitus, if only we could capture what sounds the brain is perceiving! I definitely notice it more but as my tinnitus doesn't really bother me too much, that's not a problem for me.

As far as I know, hearing aids don't help tinnitus (because it's a brain perception issue, not an ear conduction issue) but if you make the overall sound from outside you louder, it may well help to mask some of the tinnitus too. At least, that's what I grasped from an audiologist! LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
A white noise machine has helped me sleep in the past (snoring husband...), and since I started using a CPAP in January, I've needed more help than ever to get to sleep and stay asleep. I'm partial to the dark brown noise and/or fan sounds, and recently upgraded to a white noise machine with a headphone jack that I can use with small silicone "sleep" earbuds so I'm not disturbing said snoring husband. Very comfortable even for a side sleeper like me. I'm interested in trying the headband-style earphones, too. Being able to focus my mind on the soothing sounds distracts me from the mask, straps, hose and small leak craziness.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks plakky. I've never considered white noise. I shall.

(I've wondered if earbuds will be the new hearing aids. I'm not impressed with mine.)
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 94 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,679 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 62 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 182 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.