Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Let's improve sleep quality! What have you done that helped you sleep better?
Let's improve sleep quality! What have you done that helped you sleep better?
Sleep quality. 

Heck those of us with OSA wear a mask connected to a machine that makes noise.  The mask spits out air that blows at anyone nearby.  And water sometimes collects in our hoses and masks!

We have so many choices!  How do we get the right kind of machine? How do we get a good machine? Mask? Pillow?

If you have something you've done that has improved sleep quality, please post it below here.

Thanks!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Let's improve sleep quality! What have you done that helped you sleep better?
I found this forum! I had tried other forums that didn't help. I found a newsgroup long ago that helped. I've been a hoser for over 30 years.

Thank heaven all of you who contribute to this forum and make it so good are here!

And finally, I learned to listen and accept their advice. Now I'm my own advocate and I'm managing my Sleep Apnea.

apap--Finally!
ResMed S10 auto sense--Finally
Heated hose
Hose Hanger! (Thanks Big Guy! for your suggestion.)
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Let's improve sleep quality! What have you done that helped you sleep better?
I seem to have solved dry mouth and large leaks by using a chin strap. After going to sleep, my jaw drops but mouth does not open. Theory is this causes nasal cradle mask to leak which causes dry mouth. Jaw now stays up. Problems solved. Voila.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent clownbell
I'm glad you found a chin strap that works. (I have a collection. Some that used to work, but stretched. Some that never worked.) Having a strap that works is really really good.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy-insomnia (CBT-i).  There is a good CBT-i app on the VA site for PTSD.  My sleep doctor sent me to a shrink for a 10 week CBT-i treatment program.  Last session is tomorrow, but the technique is in my skill set for use going forward.

Adjustable bed with a new firm foam mattress.  Home brew soft cervical collar that is effective on my long skinny neck.

Of course the Resmed ASV and all the help on this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
@shadowpup - As a vet who has insomnia but not PTSD, I would like to know more about the insomnia app. Is there a website that I should go to or an app (for Android) that I should get? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clownbell.  HTTPS://mobile.va.gov/app/cbt-i-coach

Available to all.  You don’t have to be a vet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Joined this forum! God I was grouchy when I first joined. I had no idea if people were trying to help or just taking the p*** out of me. It was like a massive mountain. Felt like I was walking through mud while wearing a backpack filled with stress, anxiety and some lead. But I think I'm on a better path now. Just need to iron out a few things. 

CBT. Helped me so much. Realising how full on my life was. Never any time to slow down and appreciate life. Just always on the go. No time for myself. 

Learning that it's a long road. Be patient.

Don't eat big meals before bed! If you're hungry, snack on some nuts. Don't sit on your phone. Turn off the TV. Listen to podcasts or read a book. 

Yoga. Mindfulness.

Thankyou so much team.
Big love from Perth in West Australia
Post Reply Post Reply
Clownbell.  HTTPS://mobile.va.gov/app/cbt-i-coach

Available to all.  You don’t have to be a vet.
Post Reply Post Reply
@ shadowpup - thank you, I downloaded it and am looking forward to using.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 88 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,665 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 227 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 61 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 100 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 182 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.