Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alaxo nasal stent
RE: Alaxo nasal stent
Canadaguy, are you still using the Alaxo stent?
Post Reply Post Reply
I know you weren't asking me - but Ihaven't tried it yet. I still might.  I had other things to deal with ...finally got my two bad discs fused in my neck around Thanksgiving and sleep has generally been better as long as I don't fall asleep before I remember to put on my CPAP.

I have been noticing that the longer I use the CPAP, I suspect that my palate has shrunk a bit so it isn't quite as floppy and stretched out and prone to close on exhale. It still does, but a lot less.

I had a mouth guard fitted, it doesn't really help that much unless I were to extend my jaw forward at least a half an inch, and then I'd likely not be able to tolerate it.  What I gain from the few millimeters of jaw advancement, I lose in the space behind my teeth that is then taken up by the guard... less space for my tongue.k
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2020, 09:11 PM)terriergal Wrote: I had a mouth guard fitted, it doesn't really help that much unless I were to extend my jaw forward at least a half an inch, and then I'd likely not be able to tolerate it.  What I gain from the few millimeters of jaw advancement, I lose in the space behind my teeth that is then taken up by the guard... less space for my tongue.k

Interesting. Didn't consider that tradeoff.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Alaxo Stents - tell me everything! CPAPfriend 2 328 02-06-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Looking to buy Alaxo 6 inch stent (soft palate stent) tmoneyman35 4 759 01-24-2024, 05:32 PM
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 866 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Can nasal airway stent help UARS but not completely treat it? airwaystent 9 977 12-19-2023, 06:11 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Using Nasal Strips along with Nasal mask or pillows Bostonsnow 6 1,160 07-18-2023, 07:09 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.