Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Life goes on
Life goes on
So in this hosehead world, my life has been often focused on sleep. But life does go on, doesn't it. And it's not all about Sleep Apnea.

My friend experienced a trauma yesterday - her brother was killed -and I was on the phone with her when she found out. It was one of the more traumatic experiences I can remember - hearing her scream and hyperventilate from over a thousand miles away. I slept about two hours last night. In the past, I would have totally stressed about that. But now I know that when I do sleep, it will be a good, replenishing sleep, because of my CPAP machine. Life does go on, as long as you are in it with your eyes open, understanding and taking steps to fix what you can fix. I take a deep breath and am thankful that I have the resources I do. I will be here , and refreshed, for my friend when she needs me to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Life goes on
Hi eaglett1111, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's tragity. She has a GREAT friend in you. With your help and attitude,that will help her through a very painful situation. Thank you for sharing and I'm sure you will get more responses to this post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I,m sorry for your friend loss
She have got a friend who care and understand
Life goes on..... yes for sure
might as well we make the best out it and be kind to each other
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wish that all my friends were like you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Eaglett, I can totally understand what you are talking about. This year has been filled with tragedy this year, from our son getting hit on his motorcycle and having to be put back together to the death of close family members (and we are barely half done with the year!). We have also seen the joy of a new baby in the family (another great-nephew). But in all honesty, I don't think I would have made it through all of this stress and madness without my machine. I'm glad you are treating yourself well by using your machine so that you are able to be there for your friend! Your concern for a friend is a fantastic trait!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 394 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,104 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,255 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 622 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  [Treatment] Waking up worse despite multiple changes, life feels awful davigalindo 10 955 10-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto Sleeprider 52 7,313 10-08-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.