Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Life of data on card
Life of data on card
I wanted to know what happens to the data on the card over time. I've had my autoset not quite a year (just a few days shy) so I loaded SleepyHead onto my desktop and imported the data from the card.

Well, first I imported it onto my laptop and all was well. Then I did it on the desktop.

Interestingly, it did not have data on it for a full 30 days. It could be that I recently had to do a full wipe of the card, now that I think about it. I'll try it again in a few weeks.

Anyway, for 7 days (counting backwards), full data, full graphs, just like always.

Day 8, some graphs were gone. And the graphs that were left, some of them changed. The most marked change was the mask pressure graph. In the 7 day, it was thick with the inhale/exhale pressure. In the 8th day back, it was just a simple line of, I assume, the inhale.

After the 21st day, there is no data. Not even hours used. I did not open it in ResScan as I didn't have it on the desktop yet. In a few weeks, I'll try it again to see if the data extends beyond day 21 and goes the full 30. By then, I'll have ResScan installed and see if the hours used appears there.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Life of data on card
Data capable S9 machines keep 7 days worth of some data like airflow waveforms and erase any older data.

They keep some data for 30 days. (Event times, duration, etc. (?))

Some data is kept for 365 days. (Compliance AHI (?))

It's listed in the clinician's manual. "Data storage," page 27 or so.

If you want everything, you need to read your card every 7 days or so. SleepyHead will optionally back up the raw data, but I prefer to just copy the entire card to a directory on my PC, and then rename that directory to todays date, like "131112".
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I,m not conversant (good word, look it up Coffee ) about SleepHead
The machine stores up to 365 days of compliance and therapy data
Unlike the S8 which all data including detailed data stored in the machine memory bank, the S9 don,t store any detailed data. Detailed data (detail data include all graphs except flow graph ) written directly on the card up to 30 days including flow data for most recent 7 days
On occasion, I got flow data for the 8th day .... maybe a bonus or a hiccup
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I know all that, I was just curious as to what it looked like in Real Life. What it looked like in SleepyHead. It meaning what the data looked like when not downloaded from the card. What was kept, what was not.

I've got the whole year on my laptop in both SH and ResScan. I download twice a week so I don't miss anything.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 224 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 452 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,289 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,450 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 376 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 492 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 686 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.