Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap
RE: Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap
(11-17-2023, 06:05 PM)cmpman1974 Wrote: Average leak rate for the whole night = 0.30 L/min.

Wow, the best that I do with my Evora full face mask is around a 7 or 8 on leaks with my Dual Band in place.  I was averaging over 20 with a chin strap and nasal pillows or cradle mask.  I now average around a 16.  That is probably the best that I can do.  If I want to crank the mask tighter I can get below 10, but I am more into comfort.  Most of my leaks happen around the bottom corners of the Evora FFM when my head falls forward to the left or right when I am in a deep sleep.  If I didn't use the Knightsbridge Dual Band the leaks would be around 40 or 50.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks are okay. I'm still seeing clusters in the apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2023, 06:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Leaks are okay. I'm still seeing clusters in the apnea.

Sleeprider.  This is what I looked like last night according to Oscar.  All in all I don't think it was bad.  I usually sleep fairly solid.  I did have to get up to use the bathroom last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2023, 06:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Leaks are okay. I'm still seeing clusters in the apnea.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I need a pressure adjustment.  AHI is reporting between 0.5 - 3.0 with most days 1.0 or under.  I am sure the machine highly underreports AHI as LankyLefty27 said in multiple videos.   In general, low AHIs and low leak rates have not resulted in any miracle improvement fatigue wise. I guess it is good at least leaks aren't so obscence anymore. It is pretty clear now the FFM I was using was never the problem.  It was the jaw drop.  Not all nights are this good leak wise, but all better than they once were.   Do you think still maybe some chin tuck?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2023, 06:43 PM)Columbiabill Wrote: Wow, the best that I do with my Evora full face mask is around a 7 or 8 on leaks with my Dual Band in place.  I was averaging over 20 with a chin strap and nasal pillows or cradle mask.  I now average around a 16.  That is probably the best that I can do.  If I want to crank the mask tighter I can get below 10, but I am more into comfort.  Most of my leaks happen around the bottom corners of the Evora FFM when my head falls forward to the left or right when I am in a deep sleep.  If I didn't use the Knightsbridge Dual Band the leaks would be around 40 or 50.

16 L / Min sure is better than 40-50 L / min.  I agree with you that there is a balance of comfort and effectiveness. Fortunately, I have not found the chin strap uncomfortable in anyway.  That is not something I could say about ANY other type of chinstrap. I hated each and every other one.
Post Reply Post Reply
https://sleephq.com/public/28102ca7-4961...250aee10f8   Yes.  I have had one for a few days now and it works very well and is comfortable.  Sometimes my soft cervical collar hurts my neck so this chinstrap keeps my jaw from dropping below my mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2024, 01:27 PM)Wayne41 Wrote: https://sleephq.com/public/28102ca7-4961...250aee10f8   Yes.  I have had one for a few days now and it works very well and is comfortable.  Sometimes my soft cervical collar hurts my neck so this chinstrap keeps my jaw from dropping below my mask.

Did you recently purchase the Knightsbridge dual band chinstrap? How recently? Which website did you order from? 

I had intended to order one, but the owner of Knightsbridge came out with the announcement of the hostile takeover attempt by the people running the manufacturing facility. 

The actual owner of the "Knightsbridge" product line was looking for another manufacturing facility the last I knew.

Could you post an OSCAR Report of the before and after, to show effectiveness of the Knightsbridge dual band chinstrap?

There are a lot of people waiting to purchase, once the owner gets his product available again.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2024, 03:24 PM)UnicornRider Wrote: Did you recently purchase the Knightsbridge dual band chinstrap? How recently? Which website did you order from? 

I had intended to order one, but the owner of Knightsbridge came out with the announcement of the hostile takeover attempt by the people running the manufacturing facility. 

The actual owner of the "Knightsbridge" product line was looking for another manufacturing facility the last I knew.

Could you post an OSCAR Report of the before and after, to show effectiveness of the Knightsbridge dual band chinstrap?

There are a lot of people waiting to purchase, once the owner gets his product available again.

Thanks

I spoke on the phone to Larry a while back.  He mentioned he was putting together a list of people to send the new, updated chin strap too.  From that point, I never had any follow-up. I purchased unknowingly from the other site in Nov-2023.  The product did not incorporate all the changes Larry had recently made, but it still has been effective 'with modifications'.  Their fitting chart is very poor, especially on the Air Deluxe model.  It's a crapshoot to find an effective fit and some sewing is almost mandatory to have a better fit.  

I would like to think the original owner will eventually follow-up and get stuff repaired.  He mentioned battling Lymphoma on a post and if that's the case, I don't know how likely things will happen fast .  That alone is a huge battle in itself and probably is WAY more critical than Knightsbridge. I am a Leukemia survivor so I have some credibility I would hope. Sad  

In an ideal world, we'd all wait to purchase from the right source, but the reality is sometimes someone can't wait a year for a device which could literally be life saving. It made a VERY significant difference in my leak rates.  It hasn't translated to any remarkable health improvements, but it can't be a bad thing. 

if I had the choice of buying from the proper source or the other one I take option #1 all day long.  Will we see this option in the near future?  Who knows?  If you have the luxury of being able to wait a long time, you may not need the product as much as you think.  I don't see how it can be optional to wait.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have had mine for about 4 days.  They are in several online CPAP supply stores. [DME Link Removed] See Supplier #1 has them and I think I got mine at [DME Link Removed] Supplier #17 .  Oscar does not work on my computer. There is a bug.    All I can say is that it is effective. Not a dramatic difference in leak but my AHI has been around zero.  It is very good if you are a jaw dropper.  I use sleep hq to look at my data because Oscar stopped working.  My O2 is not dropping below 90 as much so I would say it is worth the money  but a soft cervical collar works well too as does sleeping exclusively on your side.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies, I really do appreciate the additional input you both provided.

I was hesitant to order because of reports of product not being delivered and when it was there was issues with quality.

I shall investigate this further.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Knightsbridge Chinstrap Owners.... Lucky7 2 175 04-22-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 119 6,890 04-12-2024, 01:32 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 689 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 487 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 466 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 599 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,939 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.