Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with humidifcation
Help with humidifcation
I have a resmed 10 auto with f20 full face and heated tube. I just can’t get to grips with the correct humidification settings. Auto doesn’t work I wake up dry with crusty horrible bogeys and can’t breathe. I try manual going maybe 27 up to even 30 on tube and 4 or 5 on humidity and my mask slides around my face like a slime mess and my lip can slide from underneath bottom of mask.

I’m struggling with this especially when I see my recent sleep data from my iwatch about how disrupted my sleep is.

Have the following:

Over 1 month - pressure 12.8 and leak 1L
Over 1 week - pressure 12.5 and leak 0L

Ranges set to minimum 6 and maximum 13

Any help or advice please? When I try breathe through my nose I feel like I can’t breathe mot just restricted hit physically can’t breathe or heavily restricted. Sometimes will clear and I’ll feel great especially if I flare nostrils
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with humidifcation
OK, I'd consider staying with manual control. Since 4 was possibly too much try 3. Since you have a heated hose, continue in that temperature area, going up or down depending on rainout.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I personally got used to the almost default (?) settings on my AirSense 10.
But I neither have a heated hose nor do I have a full-face mask. Only a common hose & nasal mask.

My settings for the humidifier are: Level: 3, Temperature: 27°, Temperature Enable: Auto.
(the last two options are only active when you have a heated hose)

For me, everything above 3 lead to the same problems (mask sliding around etc.) - but I guess this may also be dependent on the temperature in your bedroom. 

WhatIsSleep? Wrote: When I try breathe through my nose I feel like I can’t breathe mot just restricted hit physically can’t breathe or heavily restricted.
That's what I've experienced with the "Ramp" feature turned on though. That's why I've disabled it.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, heat/temperature is just as important as the humidity.

If you don't have a heated hose, start there. If you do, then I'd try raising the temperature and see if that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Climatelineair / humidifcation WhatIsSleep? 3 725 11-28-2021, 02:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.