Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lightheaded ASV therapy
RE: Lightheaded ASV therapy
(12-23-2021, 07:04 PM)Rich66 Wrote: I have also had low AHI's -- my last 30 day average is 0.97 -- but still have fought tiredness.  As for me, maybe it will work for you, I have found mouth taping to help.  I use Cover Roll tape, and I've tried Somnifix.  Cover Roll is air permeable, so I still get leaks.  Somnifix isn't big enough to cover and stick, but it's less air permeable.  I've been using a layer of Somnifix and then a layer of Cover Roll.  From there, I went to using two layers of Cover Roll tape -- and it has helped the mouth leaks very much.  I touch the first layer to my shirt to help lessen the stickiness when I pull it off.  My average Leak Rate the last 30 days is 0.28.  Solving leaks seems to me to be very important in proper treatment.  Yes, I know you said you mouth tape, but I'm just pointing out that maybe a double layer would be more help, or a different brand.
As for pressure, your machine is set at PS Min for 2.0.  I had mine at that for awhile.  I turned it up to 2.4 and seem to be getting better sleep with it at that pressure point  (Resmed recommends a default PS Min of 3.0).   You might try it and give it a few days for yourself to adjust to it.

(12-23-2021, 07:31 PM)sheepless Wrote: Another possibility: I sometimes wake up feeling lightheaded, even dizzy for a short time. nothing to do with the asv or vauto I use. I attribute it to poor venting from my p10 nasal pillows, causing the rebreathing of exhaled CO2.  I don't know if the p30i has the same issue but the vent holes in the p10 clog in time from moisture and dust. invisible to the eye, spraying the vent screens with a dental water jet helps for a while. after a while, the frame just needs to be replaced.

Thank you Rich, Dave and Sheepless

I have used combined information from here and optimized settings a little bit than above and i had a better sleep despite lower hours. I have couple of follow up questions. I did infact change 3 things from the above experiment (Changed p10 to p30i, wore soft collar, I tape but also added a heavy pillow on my side so i can't have much space to move about) But i would love to see what is fundamentally different between my new chart vs old chart that can perhaps pin point what exactly made last night one of the better nights, and hopefully this becomes the pattern. I would appreciate everyones input

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
tough to draw conclusions from just 2 nights. fewer hours & higher ahi & yet you report it a better night. what i see are different pressure settings, which weren't among the changes you mentioned.

reducing max epap & increasing ps lowered disturbing flow limitations & leaks & increased tidal volume. it's possible that you were previously under ventilated leaving you feeling lightheaded. &/or the p10 vents were plugged up. (your profile says you're using p30i but your last post says you switched from p10 to p30i last night.)
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2021, 07:31 PM)sheepless Wrote: Another possibility: I sometimes wake up feeling lightheaded, even dizzy for a short time. nothing to do with the asv or vauto I use. I attribute it to poor venting from my p10 nasal pillows, causing the rebreathing of exhaled CO2.  I don't know if the p30i has the same issue but the vent holes in the p10 clog in time from moisture and dust. invisible to the eye, spraying the vent screens with a dental water jet helps for a while. after a while, the frame just needs to be replaced.

(12-29-2021, 07:15 PM)sheepless Wrote: tough to draw conclusions from just 2 nights. fewer hours & higher ahi & yet you report it a better night. what i see are different pressure settings, which weren't among the changes you mentioned.

reducing max epap & increasing ps  lowered disturbing flow limitations & leaks & increased tidal volume. it's possible that you were previously under ventilated leaving you feeling lightheaded. &/or the p10 vents were plugged up. (your profile says you're using p30i but your last post says you switched from p10 to p30i last night.)

Apologies, i should have said i did change settings. I thought i referred to it when i said used combination of things from everyone.

That said i indeed switched from p30i to p10 as for some reason DME didn't have the head gear at time of renewal. Now back to it. 

Can you clarify what you meant by lowering max epap and increasing PS lowered disturbing flow limitations? what was bad about it?
Post Reply Post Reply
sorry if I gave the impression that was bad. it's the good part. reduced flow limitations & leaks and higher tidal volume might be why you felt better.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
So i had another good night thankfully, and i am attaching my settings here (Maybe it helps anyone)

One follow up while i try settings for a month or so. I have read in previous threads that it is always best to narrow the range of settings so machine can respond faster? If so, based on the averages in my data, do my settings look alright? or i should narrow it further? It seems that at the moment the averages \ 95% etc are accurate of my min\max. Appreciate your thoughts and thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your settings are already fairly narrow. Unless there's a comfort issue, I'd let it run as is. You can't beat a zero AHI, so not any improvements there to be chasing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 153 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.