Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Limited data question
Limited data question
Since I have the BRICK machine and don't have hardly any data to share or go by. Here is my question my AHI has been showing .07, 06  pretty much below 1 using a nasal mask. I videoed myself the last few nights and noticed my bottom lip down or lower jaw dropping a tiny bit. Looks enough to where air could escape. I wasn't snoring at all but could that be the reason for low AHI score?

Also I will update profile later to my new mask, I think it's called dreamwear nasal mask
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Limited data question
A CPAP machine may not be able to detect an event during a large leak. I can't say for sure if this is the reason for your low score. If you had the leak all night long maybe. Do you also wear a chin strap?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Going to get a chin strap today, but I honestly can say I feel pretty decent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do Resmed machines not show the smiley face anymore? Not that it was ever that accurate in my opinion.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
On the airstart 10 it only shows a happy face that the humidifier is working....
Post Reply Post Reply
The A10 Autoset / Autoset for her shows smileys for
Mask Seal
       Smile Good—if the 70th percentile leak is less than 24 L/min.
       Angry Mask needs adjustment.

Humidifier
       Smile Humidifier attached and functional.
       Angry Humidifier fault; refer to troubleshooting section.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
The Airstart is supposed to show a mask leak "indication" - the user manual suggests that the leak rate is displayed, but doesn't say anything about a smiley face.

It's quite possible for your mouth to be slightly open but not leaking, if your tongue is firmly placed against the palate. You can even try this when awake - put the tip of your tongue up against the front teeth, allow the tongue to seal all around then let your jaw drop open a bit - now exhale gently. The tongue forms a seal, even if your mouth is open a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 659 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Question on data interpretation/meaning - flow rate dstone5 2 500 02-08-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: dstone5
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Why don't these flow rate curves count as flow-limited? cathyf 122 9,233 12-05-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  OSCAR SD data question MagnoliaSolana 3 700 11-13-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.