Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe..
RE: Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe..
I've read through this thread; and find, in my opinion, that Lincare's actions are criminal fraud.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not being extremely ill-treated by my current DME (the A store), but am not impressed by their manners. I think my insurance company is keeping them in check. I have PRS1 and I did have to pay for humidifier separately, but only paid the co-pay. My co-pay is pretty small. I will not buy extra stuff I don't need, though when I did order replacement parts for mask they came the next day, even though they advertised approx. 2 day delivery. I won't ask for advice from them, and luckily really like the mask I have, so do not need to go for a visit. Hoping never to be put in a position where I would experience their "dark side".

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: LincaYou signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe..
(02-12-2015, 11:44 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: I have not being extremely ill-treated by my current DME (the A store), but am not impressed by their manners. I think my insurance company is keeping them in check. I have PRS1 and I did have to pay for humidifier separately, but only paid the co-pay. My co-pay is pretty small. I will not buy extra stuff I don't need, though when I did order replacement parts for mask they came the next day, even though they advertised approx. 2 day delivery. I won't ask for advice from them, and luckily really like the mask I have, so do not need to go for a visit. Hoping never to be put in a position where I would experience their "dark side".

QAL

QAL, the difference being, your humidifier is a separate item. I can see where Resmed's move to integrate the humidifier and CPAP is inconsistent with U.S. insurance billing at this time, since those items are itemized for insurance purposes. Of course it makes the consumer feel cheated when they get a separate bill based on insurance allowable charges, and in this case, the billing incorrectly was assessed against the patient for the full amount. Lincare needs to owe up to this mistake and issue a refund, then invoice insurance for the amount, less deductible and copay.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If Lincare refuses to pony up the funds they essentially stole from you, it may be time to take them to small claims court. You were charged for an item that does not exist - humidifier - and they refuse to refund you the monies paid. If the court issues a judgement in your favor and they still refuse... oh boy, this could be interesting.

Went through the small claims deal a few years ago and they refused to pay even after the judgement in my favor. They eventually paid and were assessed interest and penalties until they did and I also received the amounts from them.

Homer

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 11:59 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: QAL, the difference being, your humidifier is a separate item.

quite true, and I was not intending to say that "L" store was right, just that somehow I dodged the bullet with the "A" store, and have no idea how I got so lucky.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am betting that the reason my DME only offered the S9 Autoset and not any of the 10s is because of this billing issue. The 1 piece unit probably costs them as much as the 2 separate pieces of the S9 together. and they probably have agreements with the Insurance companies to bill as if they were still 2, but its confusing and maddening to the customer

regardless, in the case of the OP, she was told one thing and charged another. That is classic bait and switch and they should own up and pay up.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 01:27 AM)me50 Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 03:31 PM)heyheyrayray Wrote: I just talked to lincare, told them to come pick up their machine. What a pain and a waste of money! LESSON LEARNED!

I don't think the humidifier can be removed from the machine you have can it? Either way, they should reimburse you for the humidifier they are taking back. IF you don't have copies of all the paperwork from Lincare, get it from them. Every piece of paper they made you sign, your prescription, your sleep study if they have it....everything.

This is why I don't like all in ones. Worse than that, I cannot stand unethical practices and I cannot stand a company (or anyone) that lies. If they lie, they will do anything IMHO.

I'm new to this but isn't the humdifier the water chamber thing? lol If so yes it can be removed, if not then no it can't.

I agree with you about the unethical practices. I filed a complaint with the Attorney General consumer protection division they said Lincare committed multiple violations and they sent them a complaint.

We will see how that goes!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2015, 08:17 AM)heyheyrayray Wrote: I'm new to this but isn't the humdifier the water chamber thing? lol If so yes it can be removed, if not then no it can't.

The water chamber is just part of the humidifier - the heater plate, circuitry etc is all built into the A10 chassis. On the previous model S9 and the PRS machines the humidifier is a separate unit which clips onto the side of the blower unit. See the picture at the top of this page: http://www.resmed.com/au/en/commercial-p...ation.html
Post Reply Post Reply
At Supplier #1, a replacement Standard Water Chamber for AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Humidair™ costs $22.95. An upgrade Heated Humidifier Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber for AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier costs $32.95.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
you guys are right... on my EOB from my insurance they charged me for the heated humdifier and the water chamber. So this does seem like they are scamming lots of people. Lucky for me I work at a law firm, I'm going to see if anyone thinks this is a legal battle.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] finally got someone to listen at lincare ajwees41 2 800 10-11-2021, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ajwees41
  Apria or Lincare? anonEmouse2004 12 4,873 09-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Problems with Lincare authorization to continue receiving supplies. PastaKitty 13 3,666 03-28-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  What Should I Watch Out for with Lincare? Melman 13 6,960 12-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [split] Take charge of your therapy - Heated tube Kathy123 8 1,945 08-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  My DME says they're starting to charge a $10 (US) fee per package for shipping green wings 42 6,694 08-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Kathy123
  Dealing with Lincare E.W. 7 2,832 01-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.