Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe..
RE: LincaYou signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe..
(02-13-2015, 12:36 PM)heyheyrayray Wrote: you guys are right... on my EOB from my insurance they charged me for the heated humdifier and the water chamber. So this does seem like they are scamming lots of people. Lucky for me I work at a law firm, I'm going to see if anyone thinks this is a legal battle.

If you want to make it more interesting to the attorneys, use the words "class action". You are not alone.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2015, 01:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-13-2015, 12:36 PM)heyheyrayray Wrote: you guys are right... on my EOB from my insurance they charged me for the heated humdifier and the water chamber. So this does seem like they are scamming lots of people. Lucky for me I work at a law firm, I'm going to see if anyone thinks this is a legal battle.

If you want to make it more interesting to the attorneys, use the words "class action". You are not alone.

Seriously! I know. I'm on the phone right now with the insurance company and they are agreeing with me. They're calling Lincare right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe..
Insurance spoke to lincare who said "we don't have a code to bill for an integrated humdifier CPAP so we have to bill the humidifier separately." Insurance seemed okay with that answer.

what a scam.

Post Reply Post Reply

and what did your EOB show their you should have paid for your machine and humidifier doesn't matter how it was billed. what was your part to pay and then how much did you pay and fortunately for you it came out of your bank account so you can prove if you were overcharged or whatever. your insurance company should be able to tell you how much your portion of the machine rental is and if Lincare is able to bill for the humidifier separately even though it is an all in one machine then ask your insurance company how much your portion is because I bet you it's not how much they took out of your bank account less the copay for your machine rental
Post Reply Post Reply
What did insurance say your share of that cost is? You should have coverage, or it is part of your contracted deductible or copay. How will you be reimbursed for the direct billed cost. Why was Lincare allowed to direct bill, rather than bill your insurer leaving a balance that is your share?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a way to upload images here? I think it would be easier if i could just show you guys. My deductible is 5k, so insurance didn't cover anything, it just went towards my deductible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a tutorial on how to get free image hosting and posting to the forum. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

We used to call that disaster insurance. It only kicked in if you had a major hospitalization. That's why I got my machine(s) off Craigslist.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
HHRR

Make sure you get a copy of all the paperwork from Lincare if you don't have it. Then, make sure you unauthorized them to take money out of your account. I would not give Apria my credit card and I am glad I didn't because they billed my insurance company for supplies I did not get. If you have told them to pick up your machine, you really need to stop the bank authorization because you don't know what they may take out of your account. If they are unethical, they could take out cancelation fees as an example (not saying they would but you just don't know what they might do). They took a lot more money out of your account than you authorized them to take out.

If you do go with another DME, don't give them any card information. Apria tried to get me to do that even though my insurance paid 100% and I refused to give them a card and I even went so far as to tell them to take their machine back that I would not do business with them. They changed their tune pretty quickly; I presume that the machine is their bread and their butter is all the supplies needed so if they don't have the bread (sell the machine), they lose out on their butter.

Double check with your insurance company to make sure that you do have a deductible for DME because a lot of insurance companies may have deductibles but don't have deductibles for DME

Here is an example of what I was trying to explain to you earlier

$390.00 is what the DME billed my insurance
$279.50 Exclusions

$77.35 Plan paid

$33.15 Your coinsurance amount (and this is because I went out of network so I could avoid Apria; if I had stayed in network, I would have only paid $22.10 per month and this is for a vpap auto which is more expensive than cpap or cpap auto. I got my humidifier from Apria as I initially got my machine and humidifier from them but I returned my machine and kept the humidifier since my insurance did not rent it but paid for it outright at 100%.

So, check with your insurance company and see what the allowed amount is for your machine and how much they pay outright for a humidifier per the contract price if you had already met your deductible.
Post Reply Post Reply
So has she stormed their offices with a pump action rifle and blamed ISIS yet?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2015, 11:45 PM)lab rat Wrote: So has she stormed their offices with a pump action rifle and blamed ISIS yet?

I
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] finally got someone to listen at lincare ajwees41 2 781 10-11-2021, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ajwees41
  Apria or Lincare? anonEmouse2004 12 4,792 09-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Problems with Lincare authorization to continue receiving supplies. PastaKitty 13 3,625 03-28-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  What Should I Watch Out for with Lincare? Melman 13 6,880 12-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [split] Take charge of your therapy - Heated tube Kathy123 8 1,917 08-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  My DME says they're starting to charge a $10 (US) fee per package for shipping green wings 42 6,571 08-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Kathy123
  Dealing with Lincare E.W. 7 2,821 01-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.