Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe..
RE: Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe..
Since all the discussion on post-counts & image linking was a separate topic, I split off those posts into their own thread in the Member Account Help Forum, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ge-linking

Please continue to use this thread for discussion of Lincare and related DME/Insurance issues, etc.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: LincaYou signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe..
lol.. Sorry! Computer died this weekend Sad Sad Sad I'm going to try and post images at the new link that was posted shortly.

Thank you!!

(02-14-2015, 11:45 PM)lab rat Wrote: So has she stormed their offices with a pump action rifle and blamed ISIS yet?

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok hoping this works!!

Image 1- 1st page of EOB-mostly supplies, face mask water chamber [Image: LIpEuow.png]

Image 2- 2nd page of EOB- CPAP rental and SALE of heated humidifier [Image: bi0QV7w.png]

Image 3- Bill from Lincare [Image: 8wBMu15.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You can see the full amount amount Lincare bills, and the allowable charges under your insurance contract. You only owe the allowable charge. As you can see, they follow standard Medicare billing procedures, invoicing for each component. The full face mask, head gear, tubing, filter, water chamber, humidifier, are all invoiced separately. Your allowed costs are pretty competitive with online costs, and are being applied towards your deductible. It looks bogus because that is not how we usually buy things, but it's really standard billing procedure.

Your CPAP is renting for $50/month. I don't know how long that term is, but I suspect it is for several months, then a lump sum payment to buy the unit. I'd want to know those details.

You have a good unit, and I think at this point you should stick with it unless the ultimate charge for the Autoset is just absurd. Find out what the rental period is and insurance allowed purchase cost. Without the insurance discounts this would be crazy, but it looks like it should work out okay unless this is a permanent rental. The only way it would be less expensive is if you got a used machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree they're competitive its just the damn heated humidifer I think is a scam. How can they charge me for something that doesn't exist by itself? I can go out and buy a mask, headgear, tubing, water chamber and the like but I can't purchase a heated humidifer for this unit so why list it separately?
Post Reply Post Reply
My boyfriend just called and said Lincare sent me a letter via UPS.. that's can't be good lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to let all you good people know that Lincare called today and they are refunding my money! So I guess if you want them to actually get off their butts and do the right thing you need file a Complaint with your State's Attorney general Consumer Protection Division. I asked the supervisor why this couldn't have been done by the numerous supervisors I spoke with previously, why i had to file a Complaint before they'd do the right thing and she said she didn't know why but she was going to have a meeting with all the supervisors (not holding my breath on that one).

Anyhow, thanks for everyone's help on this!
Post Reply Post Reply
winner winner chicken dinner! Congrats
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
She deserves chicken at minimum lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Do they actually bill $512.00 for a full face mask??? How much do they actually get??
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] finally got someone to listen at lincare ajwees41 2 781 10-11-2021, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ajwees41
  Apria or Lincare? anonEmouse2004 12 4,792 09-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Problems with Lincare authorization to continue receiving supplies. PastaKitty 13 3,625 03-28-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  What Should I Watch Out for with Lincare? Melman 13 6,880 12-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [split] Take charge of your therapy - Heated tube Kathy123 8 1,917 08-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  My DME says they're starting to charge a $10 (US) fee per package for shipping green wings 42 6,572 08-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Kathy123
  Dealing with Lincare E.W. 7 2,821 01-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.