Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Liners equal leaks?
Question 
Liners equal leaks?
Hello apneaboard community,

I have a skin irritation cause by the silicone of my mask.

So yesterday I did a home made liner and I try it.

The problem is that I had bad leaks shown in SleepyHead for my night of yesterday...

Is there a change to do when using a liner? Tightening more?

I really liked the feel of the liner on my face and no skin redness and irritation was great. I really want the mask with a liner to work for me Lolabove

Any advise is more than welcome Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Liners equal leaks?
Was the liner made from very thin cotton, such as an old tee-shirt? That has worked for me in the past.

Dude

EDIT: Perhaps we should define what you consider "bad leaks".

Anything below 10 LPM I disregard
From 10 to 15 LPM, I investigate to see if there's an easy fix, if not I disregard.
From 15 to 20 LPM, I find the cause and take appropriate action when time permits.
Above 20 LPM, I consider it imperative to fix immediately.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2016, 05:33 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Was the liner made from very thin cotton, such as an old tee-shirt? That has worked for me in the past.

Dude

EDIT: Perhaps we should define what you consider "bad leaks".

Anything below 10 LPM I disregard
From 10 to 15 LPM, I investigate to see if there's an easy fix, if not I disregard.
From 15 to 20 LPM, I find the cause and take appropriate action when time permits.
Above 20 LPM, I consider it imperative to fix immediately.

Dude

Thank you surferdude2 for your feedback !

See below my last night numbers you will see my bad leaks:

[Image: screenshot-20160214-183235_zpsvgzywm58.png]

Maybe the microfiber I used to do my liner is to thick ... I ordered a Pad-a-cheek liner specially for the Amara View so I'm waiting for it to be deliver Big Grin

But I will maybe tight the mask a little more tonight to see.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried a Padacheek liner with my Mirage Quattro FFM. The liner is nicely designed and made but I had to increase the tension on the head gear to get my leaks back to where they started from. Kind of defeated the purpose in my case. I have not suffered from skin irritation. The Tshirt material sounds like it would work well. Depending on the microfiber, it may be too thick and/or too porous.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect the microfiber is unsuitable for mask liner use. Ideally you would want something thin and soft so the mask liner could still be able to flex and conform to the face.

As I mentioned, I use tee-shirt material to make my liners. They do a good job of diffusing the leaks around the nose that ordinarily are very bothersome to the eyes. They also make the nose bridge area more comfortable.

I have never tried the pad a cheeks liners, not having needed anything other than the tee-shirt ones. It will be interesting to see how they work for you.

Please post back your results so others can benefit. Best wishes for the outcome!

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
My ultimate version of tee-shirt liner addresses only the nose area since that was the only place I had any bothersome leakage. I originally created it for nose bridge comfort but the leak diffusion it provided was an extra welcome benefit. Although it isn't too visible in the picture, the liner is held in place by cutting a hole in it and installing it over the adjuster housing of the mask.

[Image: 20iz40n.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2016, 08:28 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: My ultimate version of tee-shirt liner addresses only the nose area since that was the only place I had any bothersome leakage. I originally created it for nose bridge comfort but the leak diffusion it provided was an extra welcome benefit. Although it isn't too visible in the picture, the liner is held in place by cutting a hole in it and installing it over the adjuster housing of the mask.

[Image: 20iz40n.jpg]

Thank you surferdude2 for this picture!

Thank you PaytonA for your feedback!

I should receive my padacheek in a week or so and I will give my feedback Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Idea 
I use the F10 FFM. Initally there were excessive leaks. I tried the REMzzzS liners and they work well but are $25 for 30 day supply. Cheap if they work. Tea shirt did not work at all for me. I think I saw these liners for the View somewhere also. Check the website or call as it does not directly list the View only Amara?
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. --Confucius
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2016, 08:32 PM)Ed1101 Wrote: I use the F10 FFM. Initally there were excessive leaks. I tried the REMzzzS liners and they work well but are $25 for 30 day supply. Cheap if they work. Tea shirt did not work at all for me. I think I saw these liners for the View somewhere also. Check the website or call as it does not directly list the View only Amara?

Thank you Ed1101 for your feedback!

Finally I'm pretty good without any liners I changed the soap I used to clean the cushion and no more irritation Big Grin

Have a nice day and Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Remzzzs cause my F10 to leak badly but make my previously unusable Simplus usable with low leak rates. It's so subjective! I get 3 nights from a new Remzzz and 2 from a washed one so that helps immensely with the cost. For me, they're providing a decent nights sleep with effective therapy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 443 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 354 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 141 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 560 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 904 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 375 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 1,041 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.