Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lingering fatigue: NHS unable to help
RE: [split] Lingering fatigue: NHS unable to help
No medications at all..
Post Reply Post Reply
When I look at your results, there are some very good nights, and others with disruptive clusters of events. I think that there are occasional periods of positional obstructive apnea. There is a "suggestion" that when obstructive events occur, they are positional. The soft cervical collar wiki link in my signature discusses positional apnea and some solutions. I'm a bit unsure with your results...what do you think?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider. I will try soft cervical collar and come back with the results.

Regards
Gourav
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

Please refer to the reports with the cervical collar for 19th-22nd Sept. Also I have attached reports from 4th-7th Oct without a cervical collar but I have used a mouth tape -Somnifix. Numbers using the tape are very good but I still don't feel like waking up in the morning. Please help as I am running from post to pillar to get the resolution but no luck to date. 

Regards
Gourav

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I see no change in efficacy using the collar on the 19-22 Sept, but the results on Oct 4-7 look to be an improvement. Short sleep sessions less than 7 hours will likely result in some fatigue, and I'm not sure what we can do to get you feeling more refreshed. Leaks are still present and may affect your sleep quality. Your pressure is high enough to justify a bilevel, and the additional pressure support would probably eliminate flow limitations that are present, even with high pressure and EPR at 3.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot for the follow-up comments. I want to write to all the esteemed members of this great forum- after going through all the issues I thought of checking my SPO2 levels while applying CPAP and the numbers are not good. Please refer to the charts and please throw some light how can I get better SPo2 numbers (3 days snapshot attached)- My NHS always says my therapy is going good as MyAir numbers are well below 5. 

I suspect there is something with the settings of the machine or mask. I want to request all the Gurus to please help me so that I can come out of this problem. I really want to live a happier life by getting good sleep therapy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks look like your main problem to me.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Higher pressure support would promote better exchange and thus higher O2 sats.
Supplemental oxygen should do the same
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Gouver

Your chart from oct 5th (not sure these days) indicates you are fighting against the APAP, with a very compromised Expiration. and extremely high FL flagged.

So, I think you would one more case of untreated UARS, for which only solution I could advice woulld be move the soonest as your can to BPAP.

please, take a look at this my analyses on Expiration/Inspiration:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...wer?page=4

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mean actual oxygen refill?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 218 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 269 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 995 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 5,134 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 510 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Unable to keep mask throughout night Overdrawn 4 279 02-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Overdrawn
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 295 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.