Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lingering fatigue: NHS unable to help
RE: [split] Lingering fatigue: NHS unable to help
No, I am in line with Bonjour, above.
Simpler way to go could be increasing PS from 3.0 to 4.0..5.0.......whatever matches your case. You already on P.:3.0, the maximum you can get with APAP. So you would have to move to new machine, bilevel. The Arircurve 10 VAUTO, for instance.

all the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot @mper6794. Which Auto BiPAP is better - Respronics or Resmed or any other and why?
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed, because it responds faster to events allowing a lower average pressure because EPAP Min can be set lower. This lower average pressure better manages aerophagia.
ResMed tends to follow your breathing while PR likes to predict when you 'should' initiate both inhale and exhale and when it does can feel uncomfortably out of synch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks and so I need to take care of any specific  thing while buying Bipap? I need to buy BIPAP VAUTO right ?
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed VAuto ismy choice unless you have other respiratory conditions.
Post Reply Post Reply
.....agree! Looks a typical UARS case.
Gl
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lingering fatigue: NHS unable to help
I have attached my latest sleep study done in house without the use of CPAP/BIPAP. If anyone can analyze it for me.

Pain Areas:- Still feel lethargic and no energy at all. I am pursuing NHS for Bipap but they are saying - as per your reports bipap is not required. They have scheduled one more sleep test in (April) g with cpap if that is not good then they may give me Bipap.

Adding more attachments

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Gourav, you may get lucky in April, but if the NHS is like the American sleep system, they may look at your AHI on a machine like your current one and say they won't prescribe a VAuto. Do you have the ability to buy one yourself? They are sometimes available from private parties without a prescription, lightly used and in good condition. That is the route I chose, and I haven't regretted it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dormeo,

Thanks for the advice. For me, big question is do I need BIPAP on my reports? Can you please suggest the basis on my reports of if anyone in this forum can help, please.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think Bonjour might be a good person to answer this question.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 35 5 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,865 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Unable to keep mask throughout night Overdrawn 4 242 02-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Overdrawn
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 265 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,108 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.