Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
RE: Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
(08-11-2019, 07:46 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Just like others before, the numbers can only tell so much. They can't really answer how you feel. Certainly I'm no doctor, but 10+ hours of sleep is a lot of time. But how was the quality? Does the fact that your sleep was broken into segments factor in that something else is still not addressed?

I've gotten an AHI of 0 a few times myself. Mostly it'll be followed by a night around 2 to 3 AHI. Believe it or not but the zero left me feeling less rested than the 2 or 3.

Yeah - the  numbers look good, but I'm still brain foggy and tired in the day and need a nap. I think the nap gets added into the sleep time? But yes, I am letting myself sleep as long as zi like, thinking that pays back a sleep debt from the years of not sleeping well. 

The last few days have been fragmented, (which has been unusual for the last few months) however usually if I awaken I fall asleep again pretty quickly.  I don't need to pee during the night, and it seems like I've slept a long night. It just doesn't add up - there's something else going on, and the cpap must just be helping a part of it...
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2019, 10:28 AM)gcritchley Wrote: As it stands, I'm assuming my therapy, (with a sleep report often showing zero events), is working as best as it ever will, and I'll need to continue to search elsewhere for remedies to my fatigue. So far multiple blood tests show everything to be pretty normal. I tried Testosterone replacement (despite normal blood tests) and added b12 injections and vitamin D supplements because blood showed lower levels of those. Thyroid and blood sugar all "normal." My sleep doc even said treating my mild apnea is optional, and that to him he wouldn't expect to see my level of fatigue from that alone. My next stop is something called LDN (low dose naltrexone) a treatment for suspected Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I don;'t feel depressed, or overly anxious,  although fatigue certainly bothers me.

If you're suspected off having ME/CFS, theres very little things that will help you with fatigue. If you have heart rate involvement you can try Kaneka's Ubiquinol, I have occasional heart rhythm issues like VT, SVT, irregular heart beat, I can vouch for Kaneka's Ubiquinol, I take 200mg during those episodes, if I take it daily I dont get any episodes. You can try "Pacing for ME/CFS" to learn to deal with the fatigue.

Thanks for mentioning naltrexone, I have not heard of this drug before.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ggrichley
It would Very important to plot here your main graphs, say, events, FR, FL, leaks, ... As indicated on the "optmizing therapy" of this forum, so that more advanced clues came in for analysis..
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll just throw this out there and let you think about it: consider sleep hygiene, going to bed consistently about the same time, not using electronics with a screen a certain time before bed, etc. Also there’s a few comfort items like the pillow (for your head) type of fill, size and firmness; sheets, mattress, needing a wedge to tilt mattress, lights and sound...too much or not enough, room environment things like humidity, temperature, etc. I’m sure there’s more to this list, but there is a start.

Maybe an adjustment or more in any of those areas could make a difference.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2019, 07:01 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Ggrichley
It would Very important to plot here your main graphs, say, events, FR, FL, leaks, ... As indicated on the "optmizing therapy" of this forum, so that more advanced clues came in for analysis..

HI - thanks, I did exactly that just up the thread a few posts, as requested.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2019, 06:15 AM)crowtor Wrote: Thanks for mentioning naltrexone, I have not heard of this drug before.

Just for clarity - if you're interested in researching, it's LOW DOSE Naltrexone - not the full does usually prescribed for alcohol addiction. Apparently in low doses (less that 5 mg) it is used to treat CFS/ME and other inflammation issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to see your leak rate graphs. Your first attachment has charts but they're an overview. I'd like to see a single night's (Daily) view, not an overview.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=14411 Wrote:Sleepster pid='306627' dateline='1565645885']I'd like to see your leak rate graphs. Your first attachment has charts but they're an overview. I'd like to see a single night's (Daily) view, not an overview.

Thanks Sleepster - Is the attached what you're looking for? I chose the worst day in the past week i could find.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2019, 10:28 AM)gcritchley Wrote: Hi - I am an Resmed Airsense 10 user, and have been treating my mild OSA (untreated AHI = 8) for about 4+ months. My intense fatigue has lifted a little in that time (it was becoming debilitating prior to CPAP), but an undesirable amount of it still lingers despite treatment, meaning daily naps, lost work time (I'm self employed), and a continued brain fog that is frustrating.

--------------------------

So - should I trust the sleep report and look more deeply elsewhere for fatigue solutions?  

Thanks all for your insights.
gcritchley, I'm no expert on apnea but I can personally relate to your problem.  No matter how well I slept (machine numbers were all good), I was always tired.  Turns out my diagnosis had nothing to do with my apnea.  I was in the early stage of Congestive Heart Failure and was going in and out of AFIB - makes me tired no matter how well I sleep.  Might be worth looking into.  Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2019, 05:35 PM)gcritchley Wrote: Thanks Sleepster - Is the attached what you're looking for? I chose the worst day in the past week i could find.

No. Look here.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 182 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 555 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 162 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 491 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.