Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
RE: Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
[attachment=14455 Wrote:Sleepster pid='306773' dateline='1565750810'][attachment=14456]
(08-12-2019, 05:35 PM)gcritchley Wrote: Thanks Sleepster - Is the attached what you're looking for? I chose the worst day in the past week i could find.

No. Look here.

OK, thanks Got it. Attached for last night and chose sunday night as well because I saw more activity. Appreciate your insights.
Post Reply Post Reply
It might be a good idea to set your chart as described in the chart organization example given. This sets up the ability to post proper info at all times. Then unless something specific is requested, you can post and be assured that all can see the useful data. As is it is the leak rate asked for.

Time for the morning mud! Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK - now I understand the OSCAR organization thing - I was using the overview, not the daily. Here are the last three nights of the requested charts, in daily view.

As a reminder, my OP is me wondering if there's something here that would explain the lingering fatigue.

I appreciate any and all insights.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see anything that stands out, although your minute vent and tidal volume figures at the median level are less than my own.  If I knew what the variance is for male population, you might still be well within the first standard deviation...meaning there's nothing in those two that would likely be the culprit.

Your chart looks good otherwise.  Your leaks are not substantial except at that one lingering peak you can see midway through the night.  Your 'events' are very few and of short duration, so your AHI, as stated, is exceedingly, and gratifyingly, low.

Maybe it's simply that you've gone from a jump-outta-bed-and-rarin'-ta-go younger guy to an older man who's no longer a morning person.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lingering fatigue...let’s eliminate any issues with CPAP and apnea based items if possible. The ability to do so should be doable with the CPAP and OSCAR reports. Realize there’s the possibility that other medical issues may be causing this. Going the CPAP elimination method should be rather pain free given that you use it as you need to anyway. No appointment necessary. Fix or eliminate then move on to the next thing.

PS nobody asked me but morning person starts at noon.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2019, 09:56 AM)mesenteria Wrote: I don't see anything that stands out, although your minute vent and tidal volume figures at the median level are less than my own.  If I knew what the variance is for male population, you might still be well within the first standard deviation...meaning there's nothing in those two that would likely be the culprit.

Your chart looks good otherwise.  Your leaks are not substantial except at that one lingering peak you can see midway through the night.  Your 'events' are very few and of short duration, so your AHI, as stated, is exceedingly, and gratifyingly, low.

Maybe it's simply that you've gone from a jump-outta-bed-and-rarin'-ta-go younger guy to an older man who's no longer a morning person.

Thanks for taking that time to analyse the charts. Re aging - I wish it was that simple - I'm tired all day, and have been almost as long as I remember. I think it might be that OSA was a part of the puzzle, but there's more to discover.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2019, 09:58 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Lingering fatigue...let’s eliminate any issues with CPAP and apnea based items if possible. The ability to do so should be doable with the CPAP and OSCAR reports. Realize there’s the possibility that other medical issues may be causing this. Going the CPAP elimination method should be rather pain free given that you use it as you need to anyway. No appointment necessary. Fix or eliminate then move on to the next thing.

PS nobody asked me but morning person starts at noon.

Thanks - I use the CPAP every night (for the past 5 months) and consider it a given, so I definitely don't "use it as I need to." But yes, I would like to fix anything in my therapy that I possibly can, and at least tighten up every benefit available from CPAP use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2019, 09:56 AM)mesenteria Wrote: I don't see anything that stands out, although your minute vent and tidal volume figures at the median level are less than my own.  
 just considering the above - do you know what these two figures mean and how they are arrived at, and how to get them lower?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest that you make sure that all event types are turned on.  I don't see the Hypopnea category in the event graph.  To turn on this feature, go to the drop-down box at the bottom left of the Daily screen and make sure that all switches are switched to green.

Also, I would turn on the Custom CPAP User Event Flagging.  With your low numbers, something may be causing arousals that are preventing you from getting into a deep sleep stage.  

To turn this feature on, File->Preferences->CPAP->Custom CPAP User Event Flagging (lower left). It will only display these flags on data that has been imported after you select this option. You will need to rebuild your existing data to see these flags on them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2019, 10:15 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I would suggest that you make sure that all event types are turned on.  I don't see the Hypopnea category in the event graph.  To turn on this feature, go to the drop-down box at the bottom left of the Daily screen and make sure that all switches are switched to green.

Also, I would turn on the Custom CPAP User Event Flagging.  With your low numbers, something may be causing arousals that are preventing you from getting into a deep sleep stage.  

To turn this feature on, File->Preferences->CPAP->Custom CPAP User Event Flagging (lower left).  It will only display these flags on data that has been imported after you select this option.  You will need to rebuild your existing data to see these flags on them.

Thanks for this!! I did as instructed, and (rather than upload another image of that) I saw three hypopneas on one of the nights (of the past 4, with a duration of 10 sec each).

I also did as instructed re the user event flagging - screenshot attached - should I change any of the other settings in that area?

Update - i see many nights with 2 to 5 user event flags (#2) with a duration of 8 or 9 seconds - something there?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 40 10 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 183 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 571 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 173 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 176 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.